Fall

10/26/15

October 26, 2015

I am behind in my journal...Sorry in advance

We heart attacked Ermilisa while she was out of town.  She LOVED it!!!

President Smith, Elder Funk, Elder Ellesworth, Sister Wood and Sister Peterson @ Logan's

Oh Halloween....
 
An eyelash I caught on Sister Wood's arm! It made a smiley!
 
Hey everyone! You know how last week was like uber fantastic, well it kicked this week's behind. Nah, it wasn't that bad. Every missionary needs a week like this one. We just have been having no luck with our plans. Everything has been falling through, even our backups. And our backups' backups. (We had to start planning those too...)
I don't have too many day titles because I have been too sick to write in my journal, sorry!
 
Monday: "Take a Breath" Pday was great. We went to the board walk and it was gorgeous. I needed that break from all the crazy stuff we do as missionaries.
 
Tuesday: "I am Dealing With Stuff Too" So, I had a pretty bad melt down. Don't worry, I am okay. I just forgot how much I am dealing with from my own life and my own problems. It makes a huge difference in missionary work. I came to the realization that I need to figure it all out so that I can be capable of training a new missionary if I am called to do so. I can't be dealing with these types of problems if I do train. On a lighter note, we taught with Sister Smith (president's wife). That lesson was awesome and we really did need her testimony there with us. Afterwards we went to dinner with her, president, and the elders in our ward. How fun! I love my mission president and his wife. They really care about us and always know what to say. Plus they are pretty fun people, that's always good :)
 
Wednesday: no title, but a back up plan actually worked out well. We love this less active and we are pretty sure Sister Wood's older brother met him on his mission here in the FTM.
I did stuff on Thursday and Friday, just didn't write it down.
 
Saturday: "Get out of my Head!" Sister Wood and I are totally in sync! We also actually had a great day! We felt impressed when we ran out of people to visit to go see this less active member. I felt a lot of peace about it. We went and his non-member fiancée was home and so welcoming! We love her and she said she wants to come to Ermilisa's baptism and the ward social on Friday! Funny story, so we share a car with the Elders in our ward. Missionaries have to have someone outside the car backing it whenever it is in reverse. We have this thing called celestial parking; essentially it is parking where you don't have to reverse to leave. We parked sideways in the church parking lot to exchange the car, but we pulled all the way up to the edge of the lot so they would still have to back. It was too funny. Probably not to anyone but other missionaries though.
 
Sunday: "I could Stay here" We had a primary program! That was the first one I have ever seen! It was so special. That night we went to dinner with the Kanupkes (my unofficial favorite family) and took Ermilisa with us. Bro. Kanupke will be baptizing her! We had so much fun there. Oh man. I love the people here and I don't want to leave quite yet.
 
That's this week for the most part. Life goes on. I am getting used to the mission and I like it. I realized it is doing what I was doing at home, just all the time and with structure. I love to help people and I love to use the gospel to do so. There is no better way. Have a good week! I know we will, as there is a baptism tomorrow! I can't wait for Ermilisa to get baptized!
-Sister Peterson