Fall

10/13/15

August 27, 2015

It's Official - I have a nametag!
  
Hello everyone! I have officially finished my first week in the MTC! I love it here so much and I am going to miss it a ton when we leave on Tuesday morning.
 
Where to begin...Please email me and write me so I have something to go off of when I write emails! Today was hard because I had no emails and my companion and everyone else had tons. It really does make a difference.
 
Here at the MTC I have been learning tons! I wouldn't use the fire hose expression, but I would say that we learn a ton all day every day. It's basically college, but waaaaay better. I have gained such a testimony of the savior and His atonement. I don't think I ever truly understood how to rely on His atonement until I became a missionary. I have also learned that repentance isn't just for our sins, but also for any change we want to make to become more like the Savior and in line with Heavenly Father's will.
 
Okay, my favorite part of being a missionary is teaching and preparing lessons. Preparing lessons has been hard, but as I open myself up to the Spirit more fully, we have been able to receive revelation for our "investigators". (These are people in the TRC who may or may not be members, portraying progressing investigators for us). Teaching lessons, I have gained a greater testimony of the doctrine as we share it. The Holy Ghost truly guides me to what to say and testify of. I even surprise myself sometimes. I have also learned how to use my conversion in a way that helps investigators feel the Spirit. It is hard for me sometimes to be that open with them about my life, but I am finally reaping some of the benefits of my trials.
 
My district at the MTC is so amazing. Words cannot describe these Elders and Sisters. We have created a culture that could resemble the temple and we work hard to learn and stay obedient. I have seen so many blessings through being obedient here at the MTC. I love my district with all my heart and will truly miss them. We have been through a lot together as we lost an elder last weekend. Though we only knew him for a couple of days, I felt the love of Christ for this elder and wanted the best for him. Our district has a lot of heart.
 
My companion! She is so sweet. She definitely is a little different from me as she is much more introverted and likes to study things out before discussing. I have learned a lot of patience through that as well as how to ask questions that get her to open up. Seeing her struggle with homesickness has broken my heart, but she is so strong. Sister Mantlo (matt-low) is the best. She's also a black belt so I should be safe on my way to Florida at 3:30 am on Tuesday. We are also sister training leaders for our zone, so that's just how cool she is.
 
Also, for you ebrolites, I have been so blessed to see some of my best friends here at the MTC. I got to see Elder Hanna a few times prior to his leaving. I have seen Sister Mower many times. We had the great blessing of being able to sing in the MTC choir together. It was a tender experience that I won't forget.
 
I want you all to know that I love you and am so grateful for your love and support. It means the world to me. Please write, send me other people's emails so I can add them to the list.

I want to leave you with my testimony that I know Jesus Christ lives and has suffered every pain and affliction of the earth so that we may return to our Father in Heaven and receive of all that He has. I am so grateful for the light I have received in my life and for the trust that God has in me to share it with those of Florida. The next time you hear from me will be when I have my first Pday in Florida.

Until then!
-Sister Peterson