Fall

10/13/15

From new member to missionary!

I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in May 2014!
It was one of the best days of my life!

'Due to recent experiences, I have felt prompted to testify.
I know that this church is true. Every teaching, every scripture, every spiritual prompting.
These are gifts of our Heavenly Father, helping us progress and to return to Him.
I know that through the charity we give each other, He is overjoyed and will send us more blessings. By obeying the promptings of the spirit, I know that I have felt more comfort and peace than ever before. I encourage you all to do the same, as you could never regret it.
Lastly, I know the Book of Mormon is true. It is the most honest book I have ever encountered in my life. As Jeffrey Holland said, 'no bad man could write a book as good as this and no good man would.' I know that many people have given their lives to get this great work to us and I could not be more grateful for its presence in my life.
I love you all with all of my heart and am so grateful for the support and love I feel from this ward. Thanks to you, I can say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.'
  
Arlington Ward Bishopric
Bro. Gaskin, Bishop Nichols, Bro. Schilaty

After attending BYU in Utah for a year, I couldn't wait to submit
my mission papers!

Before entering the MTC in Provo, Utah I was able to go to the Seattle Temple, the House of the Lord on July 1, 2015.
 
I was set apart as a missionary on August 17, 2015.
 
'A lot of you may not understand why I would give 18 months of my early adulthood to go talk about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I wanted to share this short scripture to help you. "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but on a candle stick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
-Matthew 5:14-16
Once you have received such a great gift, you can't selfishly keep it to yourself.'
 
 'Thank you all who have helped me along the way towards discipleship of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I can't wait to share His wonderful light and truth with those in Florida. See you all in 18 months!'