Fall

10/13/15

September 7, 2015

Well... I Made it to Florida in One Piece
 

Thank you all for all the emails. They were much appreciated and needed. My last week at the MTC was again, amazing. I would never trade my time there for anything. I learned so much, and was changed so much. I am grateful for the opportunities I had in leadership there as well. It is now clear to me how the Lord built me up during my time there. I am going to miss my district and my teachers so much! The love I felt for them is amazing and they all helped me a ton. Not seeing them everyday has been an adjustment.
 
Florida and the field has also been an adjustment. I never thought I would endure homesickness in my life, but I have been. I have found what it means to love your family and now I want nothing more than to go back and change how I was before my mission. Sadly, I have about 17 months before that happens! Just remember I said it and hold me to it.

I love my mission president and his wife. They are so sweet and are exactly who I need to be in charge of me.

A couple of things about Florida: Don't touch the spanish moss, cockroaches are seriously not that bad and they are only out at night, there is no dirt in my area - it's all sand, and the humidity is not as bad as they all say.

I have been assigned to the Pensacola area with Sister Wood. She is just awesome. She just got done being trained and so we are both learning together. It's quite the experience.
I have honestly struggled a lot since I have been out here. It is so clear that there is an adversary in the work. I have also realized that I have to trust in the Lord to give me the words to say to anyone. It is only because of Him helping someone else that my life was changed. I also have learned that I need to have fun. If any of you other missionaries or RM's have any suggestions, please let me know. I tend to get way too over focused.

Let me tell  you a little about PCola. The ward only has like 50 active members, most of which are retired. There's a phrase we use "nearly dead or barely wed". It is sooo true. I have witnessed miracles already though. Since I have been here, we have already gotten 3 new investigators and apparently it's been a while since that happened. We also had a less active family of over 2 years come to church out of the blue yesterday. Things are happening!
 
The mission has been incredibly humbling to me. I can't believe I have learned as much as I have already. I can't wait to see what happens next. Thank you all for being such good examples to me. I wish I could email everyone individually, but I don't have the time quite yet. Enjoy my pictures though! Sadly I can only send one per email... so sorry if I flood your inbox!
 
I love you all! Have a good week and don't be afraid to follow your heart and the feelings you receive through the Holy Spirit. You never know the impact you can have on another person.
-Sister Peterson
(Amanda Peterson for the Family :)

 My new address is
700 E College Blvd
Pensacola, FL 32504