Fall

10/13/15

September 22, 2015

Has it Already Been a Week?
 
Sorry that these tend to be long, I will try to shorten them... maybe. Well, this week went by super fast, and I even added a day prior to my p-day, if you call this a p-day. The reason why I am emailing today is because we had an emergency transfer, in which my companion and I had to drive to Fairhope, Alabama and be someone's companion while she waited for a new one. It was hard taking her companion to the airport to go home because I knew her in the MTC and she was someone I really got along with. So, because of all that, my p-day is today: the same day I have an exchange and a district meeting. We even had to move two appointments with our investigators!
Okay, the week!
 
Monday: "Homesickness? Not Really!". Things have been getting better. I prayed for help before I got onto email and it really did make the difference.
 
Tuesday: "I taught!" Man this was a great day to be a missionary. District meeting reminded me of the Christlike attributes I want to develop, one being Patience. I tend to be patient with others, but rarely myself, so I am now working on that. We had a lesson though, where my companion just was blank as far as ideas went, so I basically taught the whole lesson! That was a first for in the field, but it went really well. We read from the Book of Mormon with her and she committed to start reading it every day and praying about it's truthfulness! We have this other investigator who was waiting on approval for baptism from the first presidency. President Smith called us about her application that day and then two hours after he submitted it, she was approved! That's the fastest approval he's ever seen! It was so great telling her that she can set a date to be baptized.
 
Wednesday: "All the Feels" We taught two people that day. They were both powerful lessons, but one of those investigators is so busy that she told us she would see us the same time next month... man. On our way home, Sister Wood and I opened up a lot about our pasts and our families. It is hard for me to do that, but it really brought us closer as companions.
Thursday: "Waste the Lord's Time to Learn a Lesson" We spent soooo much time searching for a street map of Pensacola to realize that it was where Sister wood first thought it might be. I thought it would be weird for Barnes&Noble to have those, but they do... Listen to your promptings and trust your companion. Never again will I waste so much of the Lord's time. It felt terrible.
 
Friday: "These People are Beautiful" The whole day was a miracle. We met with three different people in very difficult financial and emotional states in their lives. All of them though, show such great strength as they rely on the Lord and trust in Him. It is so amazing to see their faith and help them strengthen it. I am so grateful for their wonderful example in times that are rougher than I could ever imagine. Also, this was the night before my month mark as a missionary, so Sister Wood took me to Olive Garden for dinner. What a sweet companion :).
 
Saturday: "Companions Teach Each Other". Being that Sister Wood is a trainer after having just finished her training, she struggles sometimes. I trust her so much, because I know the Lord does. She learned a hard lesson this day though; your trainee can teach you just as much as you can teach them. I can't imagine how humbling that is, but it was nice to be on the other side of the missionary breakdown for once. I much prefer to help others than to require help.
 
Sunday: "Everyone Goes to Church" Seriously, like everyone we invited to church came. It was awesome. We sadly could not find a ride for one of our less actives. That has been a problem for us. You have to be willing to give rides to church if you want to have more active members! We left this night to go to Alabama too.
 
Monday: "Sweet Home Alabama" That's what the sign said when we got to Alabama. It was great spending time with the sister over there. She is so experienced and I learned a lot from her! I also watched legacy for the first time. What a powerful movie. I am always so touched by the stories of the pioneers. It was hard letting my friend go home, but I learned something from the experience she has had. When she prayed about it, she felt peace. When I pray about it, I feel that my family is better off with me here. My companion and I both struggle with that, but I know that I have to be here for them to be blessed.
 
Thank you all for what you do! Please send me your addresses so I can write you!!! I want to be able to send you letters! I also love getting them because it makes the week go by easier.
Love you all!

-Sister Peterson
(Here are some very southern esque photos :)