Fall

11/2/15

November 2, 2015

BAPTISM!!!

 
Yeah, we had a baptism. I am so excited for Ermilisa to be baptized. She is so happy. Seeing the light in her eyes reminds me of my own baptism, just a year and a half ago. I am so grateful to be on the other side of that experience. I am also so grateful for all the member support she has received. I know that when we leave, she will be taken care of.
 
Monday: "Soaked" We got so wet on our way to email. It was pouring and we walked. It's because I care for you all that I got soaked to the bone :). I also found out about a difficult experience in my family this week that made it very hard for me to do anything on Pday. My poor companion had to deal with me that whole day.
 
Tuesday: "Baptism" Ermilisa was baptized!!! I am so happy for her. Seeing her come back from the font, I just felt and saw so much. She is clean. So much of what was dragging her down is gone. One sweet part of that night was when we sang "I Believe in Christ" with the Elders. The spirit was just pulsing through me. I have not felt it that strongly since I was confirmed a member of the church. Ermilisa was just crying. We sang that right before she went to get baptized. It was a perfect day.
 
Wednesday: "Wow..." It was a good day. The highlight was reading Enos during mutual. The part where he talks about hungering from his soul and later about wanting the same peace for his family really struck me. I too want that for my family. Right before the elders left our apartment from dropping off the car, I remembered that I felt impressed to ask for a blessing. Doing so is really hard for me due to prior experiences. I had already asked for 2 others since I have been here. They gave me a blessing though. It was so very sweet. I heard something in that blessing that gave me the greatest comfort. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood.
 
Thursday: "Not My Best Day" I was just not the best follower and really struggled with keeping a soft heart in difficult situations. I begged the Lord through prayer to forgive me and take the contention from Sister Wood and I. Our investigators don't deserve the poor missionary I was setting myself to be that day. Thankfully, He did so.
 
Friday: "We're All on the Same Page" There is a young man serving from the Pensacola Ward in Australia right now. He has almost exactly the same situation as myself in regards to the church and his family. Everything he has told me has sounded just like the things that happened in my life. Even weird details like how he would talk to the first counselor of this ward whenever he needed help with his situation because they were friends. He made some mistakes when he investigated the church with his mom and therefore made the situation more difficult than it should be, like I did. Now, I felt impressed to look into this situation. The bishopric happened to also be thinking about him every time they prayed. This is not happenstance. I learned a lot from a member of the bishopric this week about the situation. Sister Wood and I really feel like we need to go there and visit his mom. I can't believe I might have the opportunity to do for someone else what I wish someone could do for my family. This is amazing.
 
Saturday: "Holidays: Not a Missionary's Friend". When we planned this day, it seemed perfect, flawless! Then we got out, and no one was home. I mean no one. Dang. That was hard. We did all we could though, so at the end of the day, Sister Wood and I did not let ourselves feel bad. We did our part, the rest is in the Lord's hands.
 
Sunday: "An Answer to My prayers" we saw Ermilisa get confirmed! Man that was great. She is so excited! That night, we went to visit a couple potential investigators. One we had been thinking about, but dropped, was finally home!!! She is so great! She is almost identical to how Ermilisa started out. We also have a return appointment for Saturday to help set up her Christmas decorations. I am so excited to have new work to do!
 
That's my week! I appreciate all the emails! Forgive me if I don't get back to all of you, but do know I print and read all the emails! I love you all!
-Sister Peterson
 
 
Eating soup and bread at Ermilisa's house on Halloween :)
 
My whole district on a single couch. That was fun. What a great week.

Baptism Pictures!