Fall

11/9/15

November 9, 2015

Hey everyone!
 
This week has been especially hard for me. I'm a missionary, so I won't lie to you! (not that I would otherwise). I am dealing with a lot of personal problems while trying to be a missionary, while fighting sickness. It's been quite a lot to juggle. On the bright side, Pensacola is cooling down. Hopefully not too much before I get my winter clothes. Last night was pretty cold and rainy! I still am greatly appreciative for all of your support and love. It makes a huge difference when I come in on Monday and I have words of encouragement. I spend an awful lot of time trying to convince myself that I am not a terrible missionary or companion. It's okay, I am working on that.
 
Monday: "A Whole Family??!" We met Stan and Tish. They happen to be the parents of this super awesome woman we met on Sunday who was visiting. They are also the parents of a less active we have been visiting, as well as the grandparents of two other less active people we can visit. I feel that the Lord has handed us this whole family for a reason. I couldn't tell you what that reason is yet, but eventually we will find out.
 
Tuesday: "Family" We were volunteering at the Genealogy center at PSC and I had time to work on my own family history. (I also helped someone, it was great!) I ended up finding a line of my family that goes all the way back to Switzerland in the 1600's. I couldn't believe it. Then, I found that all of their work was done. I felt a soft prompting at that moment that these people had found me through the missionaries and my friends back home. Their descendants, who are also deceased, are the ones who guided people to me to bring me into the church. I felt so much love and peace at that moment. How cool!?!
 
Wednesday: "Remember How You Got Here" That title is just for me :) I kind of had a break down this day. It was hard, again. But we worked it out. Then, we saw the Face to Face with the Piano guys at mutual. I flew right back to that first day I came to the Jon Schmidt fireside. Hearing him talk about the church reminded me of that day so clearly. He said a lot of things I needed to hear. I was subtly reminded of HOW I got here. It's weird to say, but I often forget that I am a convert and that I too had to do things to find the truth and convert. I am so grateful for those experiences though.
 
Thursday: "Better than Yesterday" I like Thursdays, because we get the car back that day. We were able to find little success during the day, but we then had a great lesson with a less active member. She knows that the spirit brought us to her house and that it is time for her to get active in the church again. I respect her so much! Her husband is not a member and her children are not active. This woman has a lot of faith.
 
Friday: "We Saw People" I am making up titles on the spot now. We visited a lot of people! I am super excited about the amount of investigators we were able to visit. The people we are visiting are really trying to make changes now. I can see it in their eyes and what they say. We also met a potential investigator who is the finacee of a less active member who is the son of the Kanupkes. (Just Sister Kanupke). Have fun with that mess of relations :) She is super cool and curious about temples, being that she is Baptist and knows nothing about Mormons outside what her man tells her. She is also closer to our age. We need that. Too many old people is definitely a thing.
 
Saturday: "I'm Sick, But There's Nothing Wrong with Me" We had no success in trying to visit people during the day. Sister Wood then told me it's because God wants me to see a doctor. So we finally did, per the mission nurse's request. I don't have strep or flu like my symptons feel, so I am now just trying to get better. Being a sick missionary was one of my worst nightmares. It sucks.
 
Sunday: "Church was Edifying!" I really loved church yesterday. The talks were fantastic and the Relief Society lesson was super interactive and educational. We taught gospel principles, so take from that what you will. I learned a lot about the spirit world. Those just aren't things you would normally take the time to study other wise.
 
Hopefully I get better this week. Or soon. The end of the transfer is coming and I have no idea what is going to happen. Sister Wood and I have come up with at least 5 different scenarios. Some of which are incredibly unlikely of course. Oh well! I will just keep working wherever I am!
I hope you all have a great week and stay dry. We will try, but I can't make any promises.
-Sister Peterson