Fall

11/23/15

November 23, 2015

Transfer Calls!


This week was a pretty good week! We got our transfer calls, or didn't I guess. Sister Wood and I are staying right here in Pensacola for another six weeks! I am so excited. I love her and we have so many great plans for this area. I couldn't picture being here without her. I actually have day titles for you all!
 
Monday: "History" We went downtown and saw the history of Pensacola, and some pelicans. This is actually where Florida was signed and declared a state. There are some super cool sites downtown and lots of historical buildings. Everything here is way older than in the west.
 
Tuesday: "Serving With Great People" I love my district so much. We had a district meeting, as per usual on Tuesdays. I actually taught a lesson during it about extending and following up on commitments. I gave my district a commitment out of PMG so we will see tomorrow if they did it. I did! We took fun pictures as a district too. We don't ever take ourselves too seriously in Pensacola, so there isn't a single serious photo. I will make sure I send those today if I can.
 
Wednesday: "Exchange" We started an exchange with the sister training leaders on Tuesday night. I was with Sister Brown. My purpose was to learn how to worry less. It is something we both needed to work on actually. We realized it boils down to trusting people more and having even more faith. I thought I was pretty good at having faith, but I need a lot more than what I have. Since I realized this and started studying it, I have seen a lot of improvement in my daily missionary life. Sister Wood is happy too. I said I don't care the other day and she rewarded me with a frosty.
 
Thursday: "Planning for an Eternity" We do weekly planning on Thursdays. We planned for a good 5 or 6 hours total. We had to take breaks and get out of our apartment. It was pretty bad. We saw one of my favorite less active members though. We taught her about forgiveness. I was worried about it, but that was what we felt impressed to share. It went perfectly. She came to church on Sunday too!!!
 
Friday: "I love this Place". We visited a lot of people this day and they all are really progressing. Even this one person I wasn't sure would ever come back. She really is ready to follow the Lord. We took the first step by asking her to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if this is the path they need to take. I know she will get a good answer.
 
Saturday: "Any other Day" This was a typical ho hum missionary day. We tried to visit people. Some were home and didn't answer, some weren't home, some were busy. The usual. We came home for a while because Sister Wood was borderline sick. I was not going to let her get sick like I did. We had decent success though.
 
Sunday: "I LOVE the Sabbath" The Sabbath is my favorite day. It has been for quite some time. I just love the spirit you feel. My spirit and the studies we have are always so much stronger on the Sabbath. We also got no transfer call. Most of my district is staying too. We lost one elder and we are getting a brand new missionary in the ward!!! I won't be the newest anymore!!!
 
Overall, things are looking up. I am really trying to keep happy and keep enjoying what I do. Sometimes this is quite the challenge for me, but I know that Heavenly Father will always be there to guide and help me. He has always answered my prayers and I know He will continue to. He answers all of your prayers. You may not see it and it may not be in your time, but I promise you He does.
I love you all! Have a great Thanksgiving! I know I will :)
-Sister Peterson
 
PS: Guess what time of day this picture was taken at. The closest guess earns mad missionary points. Maybe a reply back from me too (no promises).

 
 


 
The definition of our district in a picture. Enjoy.