Fall

11/30/15

November 30, 2015

Quite the Grateful Week

This week has been fantastic. I have been truly blessed. I am so excited to stay here in Pensacola another transfer with Sister Wood. Maybe we will just be companions for half of my mission! Who knows. I actually kept up on my journal this week! You're all welcome :)
 
Monday: "Tender Mercies" This day was just full of tender mercies. I could list them, but just know that it is the simple things that matter. God granted me plenty of them and my eyes were open to all the great things that He had to give me that day. I also got a hair cut from Sister Wood!!
 
Tuesday: "An Inspired Meeting". Our district meetings have been amazing. I learned so much from all the people who taught. Our zone leaders taught us about having fun. Having insiders is the key. Sister Wood and I have tons of insiders, but it was fun to hear all the others. One of these days, I am going to try throwing her first name under the bus in some funny way. Our best insider is going over speed bumps slowly. I get way too much joy out of it. I legitimately cry from laughter when we don't make it over a speed bump in the car. Safety first! The best part of this meeting though was when my district leader talked about being consecrated spiritually. I know that this is why I have good weeks when I have them. The spirit impressed me with such power that I won't struggle as a missionary if I am completely consecrated spiritually. That made me really emotional. I needed it.
 
Wednesday: "Gratitude". When watching the district for my last day of 12 week training, I was really touched by what the missionaries had to say about their missions at the end. That's all what I want to be able to say about mine. I know I have been given so much and a great opportunity to be here. It's because of the great gifts I have received from the gospel that I am here.
 
Thursday: "This is Home for Now". What a great Thanksgiving. I had two meals. One was at the church with a couple families. I had fried turkey and loved it! The other one was with a younger family from the ward. We had a great time with them and their adorable daughters! I loved getting to talk to them, because they met at and love BYU. Anything BYU is a great tender mercy for me in the mission. The nice thing is, I didn't have a ton of homesickness. This place has really become home. So though it was my first Thanksgiving away from home, it wasn't too hard.
 
Friday: "Commitments". Sister Knight is quitting smoking and drinking coffee!!! We had a super great lesson with her! I really see this being one of the great fixes to a lot of problems she has been having. She is one of the most faithful women I have met. I can't wait to see how following those commandments will bless her life!
 
Saturday: "3 Less Actives, Dear Lord" I had prayed all day that we would be able to meet our goal of 3 RC/LA's. That is recent converts or less actives. Ermilisa was out of town, so it had to be less actives. Well, the beginning of the day made it seem pretty unlikely, but I kept praying. That afternoon and evening, we ended up spending a lot of time on the phone having lessons with Ermilisa, and two less active members. What an odd way for God to answer my prayers. He did though. I know that He answers all of my prayers, no matter what.
 
Sunday: "Spirit of the Sabbath". The Sabbath is such a special day. The best part was our lesson with Jonathan. He is an international reverend from Ghana. We taught him the doctrine of family history and it really touched him. He wants to do proxy baptisms for his family. We tried to set a baptismal date with him, but he said he will get back to us when he receives an answer to his prayers about its truthfulness. I just know he will get an answer. I can't wait!!!
 
I love the mission and I love this season. This is going to be such a great transfer for Sister Wood and I. We are both changing all the time, but it is for the better. Though that may be hard to adjust with, we are there for each other. I would never be able to do this alone. I hope you all have a great start to the Christmas season! Don't forget to watch the awesome Christmas video at Christmas.mormon.org!!!
Love you all!
-Sister Peterson