Fall

11/7/16

October 31, 2016

Hey everyone! This week was better! We taught a record amount of lessons for my mission - 23!
 
Tuesday we got our car back, so no worries there. We were able to see a lot of great investigators this week and see so many progress. They are starting to keep their commitments and they are willing to make more. Our focus this week was getting as many people as possible to church. It worked pretty well! We saw four investigators at church, whereas we normally see one or two. 
 
We also had a trunk or treat this week and our recent convert showed up! Today is her year mark! Maddie Miller has such a similar story to me. I had heard all about her before I got here, and this was the first time we met. Her grandparents, who she lives with, are very anti-Mormon. Her mom gave her permission to be baptized a year ago, but she hasn't been very active due to the tension in her house. She has to find opportunities at random to drop in at church. We hit it off immediately though, and she still wants to meet with us. She has a firm testimony in the church still, and that is more than enough to make a missionary's day. 
 
This week really was just full of success, and the cherry on top was going to church yesterday. We had an area 70, Elder Parker come to visit us. He is this super fun, black guy from Atlanta and he just gave some great talks and lessons. I really learned a lot this Sunday and it pulled all that I have been learning this week in together. After the block, we had a meeting with just recent converts and future members. He was blown away when we introduced ourselves and how long we have been members when we got to me. He was surprised to know I have only been a member for 2.5 years. I am too sometimes, hahah. 
 
I learned a really important lesson in humility this week though. I have realized that I have areas to work on, such as my defensiveness. My prayers have been focused on gathering the ability to welcome criticism and discerning what I need to change. It's been working out, I have been offending less often I guess :)
 
Oh the joys of being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I hope you all know that I would never trade this experience for anything. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to be one of God's missionaries, sent to gather His sheep for the coming of Christ. 
Love yall!

-Sister Peterson
 
 Cinderella Pumpkins in Loxley
 Blue pumpkin?
 cotton
 more cotton
 trees :)
 Sister Giles and Tipsy! 
 Sister Fletcher is leaving me!!!!