Fall

10/24/16

October 24, 2016

This One was a Toughie

As I said, this week was a tough one. We reached all of our goals, thank goodness, but I feel like I about died in the process. Lots of lessons have dropped on us, none of our plans worked out, and I just was stretched, physically, to my limits. Of course, I have had many weeks like this on my mission and I know that this is the low part right before things get super good.

Here is a great tender mercy though. So, our car decided to overheat and therefore, we needed to take it into Pepboys. Well, that is also 10 miles from our house. So, we wandered around the town and got some lunch, and then decided that since they hadn't called us yet, we would walk back to see what was up. On our way back, a member found us, and picked us up! God knew that we had no idea how we were going to get home and that we needed help. Our car is still in the shop at this moment because they didn't have the part that we needed.
 
So, on Saturday when this happened, we had to bike super far in our area (all up and down hills), and then walk that night. I know, lots of people have to do this, but for some reason, my body was not up for it after all that we have done this week. 
 
In other news, we were able to see a less active at the pier this week. Her husband (also a member), does not want us by the house any more, so we have to meet with her elsewhere now. It was great though. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and really wants to come to church, she just doesn't know how to do so without upsetting her husband too much. It was nice having my background, because I was really able to relate to her, and help her know that it is all possible. 
 
I also got to help sew a quilt this week! I love sewing! They even let me take home the pieces to work on, and the old ladies all want to take me to this quilt show in February haha! Friday is what made things worth it. 
 
On Friday, we went to Linda and Doug's house and helped them finish Halloween decorations and do a dinner with a bunch of other recent converts and an investigator. It was so fun! All of our recent converts like to hang out together and it just makes me so happy! 
 
So, even though things could be better, there are just so many tender mercies and miracles that the Lord puts in our path to show us His love and His plan. I hope you all remember to seek those and treasure them. 
-Sister Peterson
My pumpkin lit up
Our investigator, Angela :)
More pumpkin. This is the best one I have ever made!