Fall

10/3/16

October 3, 2016

A Season for Revelation

Was that title dramatic enough? I am just on fire with all the revelation I have received from the last two weekends of conference. In addition to it all, our mission is being toured by a seventy, named Elder Sitati this week and we will be having a conference on Friday with him!

Before I get into what I learned from conference, I need to talk about the week leading up to it; mainly Friday. On Friday, we had an exchange with our STL's. I got to be with Sister Masi, who I met when she came out on her mission in the Pensacola area. So, we were already friends! We had a lot of really good conversations and she really helped me feel better about my efforts, as well as find areas I can improve in. Miracles happened on our exchange though! My companion was able to set a baptismal date with one of our investigators on her exchange. This girl is solid! Her name is Angela, and she has some special needs, but she knows enough to want to be baptized. She is so sweet and we love seeing her. Her baptism is going to be a special day! I also got to visit someone who the sisters had lost hope with, and we had a powerful lesson. I love seeing the divine potential people have. I hate giving up on them. So many people are out there, ready to receive the restored gospel. Our job is to help them take down their personal barriers and let the spirit teach them. 
 
So, conference! I learned so much. One of the main focuses of it was joy. I have really struggled feeling the joy that I know Heavenly Father wants me to feel in my life. President Nelson's talk helped me find a greater motivation to seek that joy that I know Heavenly Father gives His disciples freely. Also, the talks from Saturday afternoon were completely centered on what we have been so focused on lately. We have been really emphasizing the need to work with members in our missionary efforts. This work is nearly impossible without member's efforts. I really encourage all of you to check out the book "The Power of the Everyday Missionary" by Clayton M. Christenson. It is full of powerful examples and great ways to share the gospel. 
 
Keep sharing this wonderful message and make sure you all study your notes from conference! You can still grow and receive revelation now that it's over!
-Sister Peterson
 
Super cool old wheel chair
Service is so rough. ;)
Sister Fletcher's first eyebrow plucking!
Me on a swing ;)
Cotton is in bloom!