Fall

11/21/16

November 21, 2016

I am going to try to go back to daily reports!!!

Monday: We taught two lessons in the MORNING!!! That was awesome. I just wrote all about it and then remembered that I had already told you. Awkward.
 
Tuesday: "Almost Didn't Make it Home". Well, we had to drive ourselves to district meeting because none of our members could take us. Well, our car has been overheating, but we had no other choice. So, we stopped every couple minutes on our way there and back. It was pretty crazy. But, it is always worth it, because our district is so fun and supportive. We finally got our car to the dealership that afternoon and went to the relief society activity. I got to paint pieces of wood. Fun :)
 
Wednesday: We taught one of my favorite less actives, Debby Winters. She had a stroke some years ago and lives at a nursing home in Fairhope. She is so funny though! She made me want to cry with a note she wrote on her ipad to us. I will send the picture of it. She really wants to come back to church if it is at all possible. I ate Lebanese food for the first time for lunch, and then we biked a lot of places for lessons afterwards. We got home just in time to be taken to the church for this event called Quilts of valor. That was a great. 
 
Thursday: We thought we were supposed to get our car at noon, and had planned for it, but it turns out that it wasn't finished till 5. We got a ride from our dry mormon, Demaris, to go and do service at Linda and Dougs. It was pretty fun and the elders came and helped. There were six of us there doing a job for really 2 people haha. We were pretty much there until we could get to our car and go back to demaris' house for dinner with all the missionaries again. She took 7 years to make dinner, so we really didn't get to do anything else that night. Sad day.
 
Friday: I ended up sick most of this day. It was pretty sad. My stomach had been killing me and I was exhausted. My comp let me sleep on the couch while she did area book stuff. We were able to teach Dimples, an awesome, super strong willed, 90 year old. Deirrya and us had a great lesson on the plan of salvation. We had dinner with a super fun couple, the Clarkson's after that. 
 
Saturday: What a crazy day. We taught a lot in the morning. We actually picked up a new investigator!!! Her name is Debbie and she lived in Salt lake for a while. We asked if we could teach her after getting to know her, and she said yes! I am so excited! She was a member referral too, so even better! We went to the church later and had a coordination meeting. Our ward mission leader is awesome. The elders were supposed to have a baptism after that, but fifteen minutes before, we heard it was off because the family had experienced an emergency. Basically, a very prominent family in our ward lost a daughter that night. It was so heartbreaking. I did the first thing I could think of and offered a kneeling prayer with the other missionaries. The ward did such a good job gathering around to take care of this family though. They have truly recovered. 
 
Sunday: Church was fantastic. I was constantly reminded of my conversion and how grateful I was for the gospel in my life. It brought me to tears at one point. After church, I had had enough of the stomach pain and the lack of relief from different medicines. I received a priesthood blessing from the elders. That blessing brought me so much comfort in other areas, but specifically promised that I would be made whole. I was indeed, as I am feeling completely better today. What a miracle. We taught many people that day and then had dinner with the wonderful Langi family and the elders. One more lesson finished off the night. It was a really good day. I was very exhausted by the end of it though. 
 
So, gratitude has been on my mind a lot since church yesterday. It is also the season of gratitude. I am doing my best to notice the little things that the Lord gives us each day and throughout our lives. He has given me the greatest gift of all, being my conversion. Keep seeking the little things my friends! Also, please look at the church's Christmas initiative this Friday!!! It's all about serving your fellow man, which anyone who has been baptized covenanted to do already!!! 
I love you all!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
-Sister Peterson
Dinner on the Cosway
Mobile from the bay
Gators!!
The Brooke Twins :)
Mathis:)
 
We didn't have a mixer, so I used my hands...
Demaris awarding a quilt to her friend Herman