Fall

11/14/16

November 14, 2016

He Brings Us Low Only to Bring Us Higher

This week was a hard one. I struggled with a lot of things, but it ended up working out really well. I will just go over some key moments.
 
So, it felt like all of our investigators just disappeared at the same time. People have not been progressing too much lately either. Wednesday I called President Smith for some counsel. Being my priesthood leader, he gave me some divine counsel that I immediately applied. I also started praying for a miracle this week. I decided I had the faith to receive one, and I knew that Fairhope needed one. 
 
The first miracle we received was hearing that Angela was really going to get baptized. She is really afraid of the water, so we weren't sure if she would follow through, but when we went to her house this week, she assured us that she is going to really do it. 
 
Friday, we helped with the parking at the playoff game in Daphne and I felt just so good. I felt like myself again. After that, we met the Elders at the church for me to receive a blessing. That was part of President's counsel. This blessing was the most powerful blessing I have ever received. I feel that part of this was the preparation I did. Everything that my Heavenly Father had to say to me was so perfect and it struck deep in my heart. Ever since then, things have been a lot easier. 
 
Our next miracles took place this morning and are why I am emailing so late. We met with Jhemerial for the first time in many weeks. She still wants to meet with us and come to know if this church is true! That made me so happy. I know that she will get her answer when she makes time for it. She really needs this gospel right now with all that is happening at home. Then, we met the Sanchez's.
Apparently they moved here in June, but Bro. Sanchez had left the church for a while, so we never got his records. He is divorced and has remarried to a Peruvian, non-member who speaks less English than I do Spanish. He reached out to the Elders and then got sent to us this last week, so we met with him and his wife this morning! He wants the gospel back in his life so badly, and he really wants her to take the lessons! To my surprise, my companion can speak Spanish! I witnessed the Lord grant her the gift of tongues today and it was awesome. This couple is just fantastic. It also helps that they are Peruvian, so I get to feel like I am back at the Martin's house :)
 
Things are going great here. The Lord always provides. I am doing my best to just take each moment as they come and follow Him. There is no way in the world that I could ever do this work without the help of my Heavenly Father. I am comforted by the knowledge that I was called by an apostle and have been set apart by the priesthood of God to do this work. It is not easy and Satan does not want me to succeed by any means. I am grateful for every prayer said for the missionaries and for my sake personally. I feel them and I am strengthened by them. I love you all and I am sorry that I forgot my camera cord. Pictures were taken, but you will have to get them next week!
-Sister Peterson