Fall

8/29/16

August 29, 2016

Beaches, Rain, and Beds

That about sums up the week! On Monday, we went to Destin and it was gorgeous!!!! Pictures are below! We got to go with our recent convert and his member girlfriend right before she heads off to FSU. I already miss her! They are our age and have become great friends of ours. While we were in Destin, I bought a pair of crocs flats, and boy am I glad.

The rain comes into this story as we were biking from an appointment to our next on Tuesday. As we got closer to our appointment, the rain got equally harder. As we got to the door, rain was pouring down my face. They didn't answer sadly, so we tried running to the nearest store for shelter, not even able to see clearly because of how heavy the rain was!!! We were soaked needless to say. Normally the rain would leave shortly after, but this time it didn't. We had a member come get us and our bikes. What a blessing!!! 
 
The next day, I had to go to the doctor because I was once again sick for too long. Dayquil just wasn't cutting it. I got a steroid shot and a zpack from our stake president/doctor haha. Then my companion got sick, so we spent much more time than normal in our beds. Through all of this, I got very down on myself. I also realized how selfish I had become recently. As I repented and started focusing on my companion's needs, I felt so much better. Yes, I have many issues of my own, but I really need to learn how to manage those and remain unselfish at the same time. This is a new quest I am on. 
 
I feel like we are on the edge of some true greatness in Niceville. As Sister Etcitty and I adjust to this new companionship, I feel that we are going to see some amazing success here. Maybe it will be in small ways, but I know it will come. I love you all and I am about out of time, so here are a bunch of pictures!
-Sister Peterson
 
I found Cheescake factory cheescake!!! Yay! (that's for you, mom :)
 Destin
 Me at Destin
 We got soaked
 Taught a penguin #GoldenInvestigator
 Saved a Turtle (hope that was sabbath approved ;)
 I got a haircut!!!