Fall

8/22/16

August 22, 2016

A Year...?

I guess I hit my year mark this week. Don't worry, I did have cake :)

Things have been crazy as I try to learn my new area and companion. I forgot how much work it could be! The insane amount of people here helps with that as well.
 
Before I get too carried away, my tender mercy this week was singing with the ward choir. I miss singing like that so much and it was just so edifying! I could feel the spirit work through me as I testified of the divinity of Christ through song. I am so grateful for the gift God has given me to sing. It brings me joy, and I love to see the joy it brings others. 
 
So, this week in district meeting, we talked about inviting people to baptism. Being that I am new to the area and have no problem asking people bold questions, I asked this long time investigator about baptism. My comp didn't tell me this beforehand, but apparently the lady had been up and down with baptism and joining. When I brought it up, she said that she had been praying about it and actually wanted to be baptized! We set a date with her right then and there. We also have a part member family, where the wife has been investiating for two years. She is ready to set a date as well. It's just so exciting!!! 
 
I am learning so much with Sister Etcitty. I love her and I am so glad to work with her. We have a lot in common, including our personal struggles. Now we can work together to come out of those trials stronger and better. 
 
Sorry this is short, but I didn't know what to write today. I love you all and I am just so stinking grateful for the atonement of Christ! Please, everyone read the article "Rooted in Christ" by Elder Clayton in the August Ensign. It's amazing! 
-Sister Peterson