Fall

8/8/16

August 8, 2016

Bitter-Sweet

This week was so bitter sweet. We were finally able to watch Cedric enter the waters of baptism, but I got news that same day that I am getting transferred to Niceville, Fl. My new address is:
734 N Palm Blvd.
Niceville, FL 32578
I am pretty heartbroken as I leave Madison. I love this area and the people. I love the southern culture. I am now returning to the city though, and to a very large ward. I have not been in a large ward since I left home almost a year ago. It will definitely be an adjustment.
 
Oh, but the baptism! Cedric was so excited. He had been waiting a while (Had to get to church enough times). When he came up out of the water, he shouted "Yeah! Thank you!". His family all started clapping. It was not your average Mormon baptism hahah. The branch has taken such good care of him though, so I know I am leaving him in good hands. Sister Johnson will definitely take good, probably better, care of the area.
 
These last few weeks, I have really been studying adversity. I am just so grateful that God has given me adversities. I received a priesthood blessing this week, and in it, I was told that He won't quite yet take the trial I am in from me. I realized in that moment, that this is so that I can be with God. It is such a magnificent sign of His love for me. He loves me so much that He is willing to send me trial after trial so that I can be near to Him. I hope that we all can turn to our Heavenly Father in these times, rather than away from Him.
 
I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is always there to comfort us in times of need. He loves us and wants us to know that. Please, turn to Him. Don't turn away when the going gets tough. That is exactly what Satan wants. Don't give him what he wants! You deserve happiness, and that comes through choosing to turn towards your Heavenly Father. I know that this is Christ's church, restored on the earth in these latter days. I am so grateful that I was grafted in at such a young age. I pray that you all will recognize how great a gift it is to be a member of HIS church.
Until we meet again,

-Sister Peterson 
 Cedric, us, and his nephew Malcom
 Madison Four Freedoms Statue at night
Me and our building
 Best District Ever :)
 Us and the Wests. Notice Max sleeping. We love that kid!