Fall

7/4/16

July 4, 2016

We are in Good Hands


Oh what a week! We are still on fire about Cedrick's baptismal date. He is so ready to be baptized. It is just so amazing to see. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to help him get there.

What is even more exciting is that we met President and Sister Smith on Thursday! They are soooo awesome. I already love them so much. They shared all about themselves and their family. Both of them are converts and basically, my conversion story is a combination of theirs. Even down to crazy details! I just had it so incredibly confirmed to me that they are supposed to be my mission president and wife. I was called to them before they even got here! 
And then, on Sunday, they drove the hour out to Madison to meet with us. He needed to meet with me due to some medical issues I was having. When we met, I just felt so much of the Savior's love. I know that he is a representative of the Savior in my life right now due to his calling. I just feel so much better now after talking to him! I know that I am in good hands. I shared my conversion story with them and they were just floored by how similar our stories are. It was such a great meeting. 
This week otherwise was pretty great. The Lord has truly been guiding us and keeping us busy. Just when I think our entire day is lost, He sends us something to do and somewhere to be. Like, on Friday, we spent time with our pal Tammy, and I hung beautiful doors with her! It was great. I also weeded someone's flower bed in the 100 degree heat. No biggie :) 
In other news, this morning we had the wonderful opportunity to meet with our 93 year old member, Sister Ponce. While we were there, she said she wanted to take us out to dinner. Well, we went to Wendy's with her, hoping she wouldn't fall again because she is super fragile. How many people can say they went to lunch with a 93 year old firecracker on fourth of July? It was so fun. Old people are hilarious! 
I just hope you all know that I know the Savior lives. I learned so much from church yesterday and my studies this week. He is real. And He loves us more than we can imagine. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. He gave us that book so that we might know the truth in these latter days. Also so that we might feel of His love. If you read and truly pray about it, member or non member, you will feel the love of God greater than you ever have. You will know that it is a true record and holds the key to changing your life and feeling true joy.
I love you all and am so especially grateful for those in the church who have loved and supported me. You have no idea how much even your small acts have impacted me and my life. Thank you. 
-Sister Peterson

 Seattle much?
 I am so proud of this door.
Our patriotic lunch date