Fall

7/18/16

July 18, 2016

There is a Cure to the Heat


I found out that rain cures the heat. It stays cool while it is raining (like a 20 degree difference!) and the next day is generally cooler as well. Also, the rain is so kind as too warn you it is coming with loud thunder hours before it comes. Really, it thunders when the sky is blue!! There's your week's fact about north Florida.
 
This week was great. For once, we actually hit all of our numerical goals. That makes me really happy. I am definitely a little driven by results. I do recognize that sometimes, our goals are not what God necessarily has in plan. Those are the weeks we get to build a little extra faith in Him.
 
Cedric is still progressing wonderfully. He is already volunteering to help with things the branch does and just feels like he is a part of the family. He LOVES the Book of Mormon. It's cool talking to him about it. I have gained quite a knowledge of the scriptures. I don't know how, because I have only been reading them for three years, but I have been able to relate things back and forth through the book and the Bible. It's amazing to see how things all fit together in the gospel. It just continuously testifies of itself through its utter perfection.
 
This week was pretty great as I got to meet with the mission president for official interviews. We had a great conversation and he gave me some really helpful counsel. I am just so excited to work with President and Sister Smith.
 
We also have found a lot of success in our finding efforts this week. For some reason, my fear of talking to random people has almost disappeared. I am so grateful for that. It has been wonderful watching random people soften in our encounters as we begin to testify of the restored gospel and show them how they can know which church is the true church.
 
Joseph Smith was chosen in his weakness for a reason. We are all weak in some way. Many of us find the truth in a way very similar to his. It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures - Ether 12:27. As we come unto Christ and humble ourselves, we will be able to see our weaknesses turn into strengths. Our humility is required to be enabled through His atonement though.
 
I hope you all know how grateful I am for this gospel and for the many wonderful members of the church. I miss my ward in Arlington dearly, and I am so grateful for all of your past and continued support.
 
-Sister Peterson
 
It's clearly watermelon season and we are Murican in the south
 I can't believe people drink sweet tea by the gallon here.
That stuff is gross anyhow!