Fall

7/18/16

July 11, 2016


Madison Sees Progress

It's been a good week. I would say the highlight has definitely been watching Cedric progress towards his baptismal date.

We taught him several times this week, once with a member in fact! It's like he is already a part of the family. That's how I felt when I came into the church, so I couldn't be more grateful that he gets that too! He also was able to find someone to sit with his mom so he could make it to church this week. I was so afraid that something was going to fall through and that the branch council would think we are full of it. But, about 5 minutes into sacrament meeting, him and our branch mission leader walked in and found a seat! He was able to stay for all three hours and loved it!!! It was a miracle and surely an answer to his and our prayers.
 
I found out a little more about his history with the church this week as well. It turns out that his nephew, which he raised, came into the church with opposition from Cedric and the rest of the family. Cedric now realizes how right Malcom was when he was converting. It is just so cool to see someone make that type of transition. It has helped me realize how true this church is. Anyone can know it for themselves. We have a member who was staunchly Baptist, but now knows without a doubt that this is where all the truths of Christ's teachings are found. They are all in one place due to the restoration of the priesthood.
 
We have also seen great things happen with Tammy and her family. Her son is serving in Korea in the army right now and is taking the lessons from missionaries over there! His wife, who lives nearish is also taking them. Tammy will hide with her and read the Book of Mormon and pray. Tammy also has an opportunity to move out soon, which would allow her to get baptized!!! Things are really happening. I know it is an answer to many of our prayers. How blessed we are to be here to see it happen! Everything happens in God's timing, and every once in a while, we get to see it happen at a time we appreciate as well.
 
We have just seen so many great successes and opportunities in this area this week. I could go on for days. Madison is like family. I really feel like I am just going to the rescue and aid of my own family. This gospel is worth every effort that we put in! I walked around for the last two days with a super irritated eye. It was just incredibly painful. But, we had people who needed us, so we got up and out of our apartment no matter the cost. The cost that Christ paid was quite large anyways, so any small amount we can muster should always be given.
 
I love you all! Enjoy this adorable picture of Sofia. She likes the box. Oh, and the picture from out meeting with the new mission president.

-Sister Peterson