Fall

6/27/16

June 27, 2016

Follow the Savior!

Man, this week was great. Really yesterday was just great. I have learned and grown so much this week. I also feels like the time that has passed in the last 7 days was actually a month.
 
Well, transfers occurred and we are staying here. The wonderful county of Madison has to put up with me for another 7 weeks :)  I love it here so much. Who knew I would actually love the south? I know all of my college friends are smirking right now.
 
This week we went back to the 1930's house that we are helping out at. I got to tear down a wall and hang a door! Man I love handiwork! This morning we went on the bike ride again. I have to correct the mileage though. A local told us it is actually 26 miles. That makes a lot more sense, being that we can finish it in 3 hours. It was so beautiful though and I will have pictures attached.
 
The highlight of the week though was yesterday after church. We taught Cedrick. To remind you all, he is a person we found while trying to find a referral. We almost didn't talk to him, but the spirit basically shoved us over there. Yesterday, he told us it is because he prayed and told God he is ready for a change and wants to be guided onto the right path. Well, we taught him and he has been loving the Book of Mormon. He understands everything we teach and has seen a change in his life. We invited him to be baptized on August 6th and he accepted! What a wonderful moment! The spirit was so powerful. This gives me so much joy, as his nephew, who he took care of, converted to the church in his teens and is living in Tallahassee. I imagine he has prayed for this day, much like I pray for my own family. I can only imagine the joy he will have when his uncle is baptized. I know I look forward to a day when I will be united with my family in God's kingdom on Earth.
 
I want you all to know that my life has been changed only by the power of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Only the restored gospel could have such a power. I have been given such great strength by my Savior and I know He loves us so much. That's why I am here for 18 months, suffering in the heat and humidity with 1000 bug bites. It's to follow Him and help people access the greatest, free gift in the universe.
 
Have a great week and stay classy everyone!
-Sister Peterson