Fall

6/6/16

May 30, 2016

Time to get Changing Again!

I have learned a lot this week. I went on exchanges with my STL only a few days after my halfway mark, and felt like my purpose needed to be centered on change. I know that God has really been trying to teach me something. It has kind of been like a scavenger hunt finding what that is though! I have found it through studies, prayer, and lots of pondering. The Lord wants me to increase my faith through consecration. It is so interesting how you can lose so much faith through not constantly tending to it. I had so much when I joined the church! Enough to change so many aspects of my life. But, my mission has granted me the opportunity to go back and build it back up even stronger!
 
This week has been great though. We have done a lot of service for even non members! It has also been hot, so we have been trying to not die of dehydration. I do however have a funny story from our service. We were at this lady's house, and when I got out of the car, I noticed these adorable baby raccoons. I got close enough to get a few pictures of them. When we got inside, I told the lady about the raccoons and she said "Let me go get my rifle!". My companion was so mortified. I thought it was kind of comical, but still sad. We watched her stalk the babies and shoot one's leg. She really wanted to kill the momma raccoon, but couldn't find it. Oh the joys of serving out in the middle of nowhere. 
 
Oh, by the way, I have the greatest district alive. There is also a picture attached. We learned a lot in our district meeting this week and I can't wait to see what this week has in store for us!
-Sister Peterson