Fall

5/23/16

May 23, 2016

Halfway? Nah, not me!!

This week I hit my halfway point!!! Can you believe it? I can't!! 9 months has flown by.
 
This week, I sent home my companion Sister Brandt. We sent her off with a proper funeral as well. Pictures are attached. Now I have Sister Johnson! She has spent all 6 months of her mission in Fort Walton beach. She is from Logan, Utah (my first Utah comp!) and graduated the same year as Nate. It's kind of weird having a younger companion. I guess the Lord trusts me now or something. Being a senior companion has just slightly pushed me to be a bit better. There are many things I could improve on as a missionary. Now I have a tad bit more motivation to do so!!!
 
This week I came down with another sinus infection, so we didn't get to do too much. The lessons we had though, were powerful. I don't know how, but they just were. I know Sister Johnson and I are going to kill it here in Madison. We have seen a lot of people start to progress. I am so excited for what will come in the next month. My whole zone and district transformed this transfer too. The new people are amazing! I am just so excited to see what I will learn from them, and what good times we will have!
 
As I have been reflecting on the first half of my mission, I have been pondering how I want to remember my mission. I thought of the great return missionaries back home and in my areas. I want to be like them. I want to look on my mission and know I did great things and that I did the will of the Lord at all times. Therefore, I have gained some great motivation to change myself. There are going to be lots of trials, as there always are, but I am ready for them now! I have a new comp, new transfer, and soon a new mission president. Change is coming, and that is a good thing. Change is what we do when we repent even. It means, therefore, that we are becoming like God - our eternal goal. I hope you are all doing your best to change every day! I love you all and I hope you have a great, even fantastic week.
-Sister Peterson