Fall

5/16/16

May 16, 2016

2 or 20....

 
I am 20 years old and 2 years born again!!! What a great day! 
 
As far as this week, I don't think I even have words for it. I will start with our Zone Training on Tuesday. We already had one this transfer, but after the leadership met, they decided that we needed another. Boy was it powerful. I just learned such crucial lessons for my own life and progression. I learned how to improve my missionary work in simple, but influential ways. At the end, we went to the chapel and had a really spiritual moment. I know that moment was an answer to my prayers. I felt it with so much power. I was crying a ton! God wanted me to know that He is always there for me and that I can move past the trials that have befallen me. Our mission president used a metaphor for this that involves the phrase "Move the Chair". I am working hard now to move the chair and help the people I teach do the same. 
 
Friday I caught several fish and ate them! We also got our less active committed to going back to the temple! The temple has been such a powerful teaching tool this week. I have always wanted it as my goal for my missionary work, but I didn't have a strong testimony of it's usefulness until this weekend. A member used a great analogy for it. He said that the gospel is like all the practice before the game - everything we do in the church on a daily basis. The temple is the game itself. He was really trying to help our part-member family see how great the temple is, which is hard to do when you have never been there. 
 
Yesterday, we had a great opportunity. This week our branch received the records for a less active lady. She had been living here for a while, but nobody knew that. Well, Sunday, our relief society president took us straight over there. Normally these visits don't go too well, but when we asked if we could come back, she was more than happy for us to do so! I am so excited! God has truly been answering all of our prayers. It's amazing because I often feel that we don't deserve these blessings, but that is evidence of God's love for us and His children. As long as we have a willing and repentant heart, He will bless us and help us. 
 
I got to give a talk yesterday. It was great doing so the day before my 2 year church birthday. I reflected a lot on how the atonement helps us feel peace. The Holy Ghost literally cleanses us and allows us to taste Heaven. That is only possible if we repent and access the free gift that Christ has given us. My invitation to you all is to try and repent daily and truly prepare for the sacrament. I promise you will feel greater peace and recieve blessings you didn't even know you could have. Have a great week and enjoy the plentiful amount of pictures I took this week!
-Sister Peterson