Fall

5/9/16

May 9, 2016

We are Kind of Special Here in Madison

Man we are special. This was a weird week haha.
 
Monday was semi normal. We had a wienie roast FHE at the Waddoups. That was fun. I love being outside and it was cool to see so many less active members come out for that.
 
Tuesday we were stuck in Tallahassee all day. We went to district meeting, then to taco bell with the sisters. Then we dropped off our car to take care of the damage from the armadillo. We kind of floated around Tallahassee all day doing things we needed to, waiting for a call from the car place. They never called and we had nothing to do! Eventually, we called them after one of our members took us to eat in Tally. Our car was ready and it was six!!! Well, we went to get it and were able to make it in to Sister Ponce that night for her 93rd birthday!!! Holy cow she is old.
 
Wednesday we had a super successful day. It was random, but great. That night, we called Marvin Goldstein, a member of the church in Tallahassee. We were hoping to do a fireside in Madison with him playing piano. He is a world renowned pianist. Well we knew it was too short notice for us to do it before Sister Brandt left, so he invited us to go sing with him in Crawfordville, just south of Tallahassee that Friday. The next day we called President Smith for permission to go. He let us!!!!
 
Friday, we got a lot of work done before we had to leave, but then we went out and sang a beautiful duet accompanied by a world renowned pianist! Then, my companion sang O Divine Redeemer. She sang opera in college and has her degree in vocal performance. It was amazing. What an experience. It reminded me a lot of how almost three years ago, I was at a piano fireside that would later lead to my membership in the church. What a tender mercy.
 
Saturday was great too. Our GPS almost led us out of the mission because it doesn't know dirt roads. I was smarter than it though. We were offered food all day that day though! The best part of the day was teaching Tammy though. She was excommunicated before and is now investigating with us. She has a lot of questions, and it has been so cool responding to her concerns. She has a lot of misunderstandings about the church that we are resolving!
 
Sunday we sang in sacrament "A Child's Prayer". I miss performing, so this was wonderful. I love singing songs in church so much. We got to Skype that afternoon with our families which was wonderful. That night we got slobbered on by cows when we went to check on the Floyds. They had lost a lot of cows this week, so we went to comfort them. I love this area so much!!!
 
All has been good. I have learned a lot this week about how true it is that God loves us unconditionally. I get frustrated with myself a lot. I was pondering that the other day and I was like "man, He has to be so frustrated with me!". Then I heard the still small voice remind me that "He is never frustrated with me". It's not in His nature. Don't let yourself be frustrated! He isn't with you. Get up, and try again. Christ suffered so you could!
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
-Sister Peterson
 
Pics:
1)My companion exists! I promise!
2)This puppy is adorable!!!
3) Seriously, I love this puppy!