Fall

4/5/16

April 4, 2016

Trying Times Are Signs of God's Love

Oh, I am getting transferred!!! I will be going to Madison, Florida. It is some small branch east of Tallahasssee!!! Don't write me until I get you my address next Monday!!!
 
This week was quite probably the hardest one of my mission. I have been pretty honest with all of you, and I want to keep it that way! Missionary work is not all flowers and sunshine. Those are the small, beautiful and precious moments that keep us going through the seemingly endless, dark and dreary moments.

The light at the end of my tunnel this week was General Conference. I loved it so much. There are so many things I want to go back and study later as well! I hope you all go back and study these talks and liken them to yourselves! There is so much to gain from them and they are truly designed specifically for our day and time. What a blessing it is to have modern day prophets and apostles.

I am not going to give day titles this week just for sake of time. Basically, this week our recent convert, Ashley, had a big falling out with some people from institute. There were a lot of misunderstandings and a lot of fingers were pointed at myself. I have spent a lot of time this week reflecting, repenting, praying, and crying over it. Our zone leaders even called us and explained to me what I did wrong. Not my companion, just me. I have taken this as an opportunity to be corrected with grace. Though I may not be happy with how things have been handled, I can still turn this into an opportunity to grow. My companion and I have been heartbroken, but we have had an amazing week in the field when we have pushed ourselves to work.
 
We gained an amazing new investigator who is incredibly prepared. I am so sad that I will not be here to teach her, but I know that she will go far!
 
Also, our friends Taylor and Travis had their baby, Roman!!! He's adorable. It has been amazing to see the change in Travis. I asked if he felt different, and though he said no, I can see a change in his countenance. 
 
I am going to miss Pensacola so much. It breaks my heart to leave. I have seen this area completely change. But I guess it is my turn to do that again with Madison. I love you all and am so grateful for the support and love I receive from you! Have a great week!!!
-Sister Peterson