Fall

4/18/16

April 18, 2016

Came in Runnin!

Everyone keeps saying that we came in running. I am so grateful for just how the Lord has blessed us here as we have tried to find people to teach. This week we gained two new investigators and several other potentials! We also were fed dinner every night but one. Holy Cow I am going to gain weight here!!! It's okay, I am planning on trying to start running. I haven't done that since middle school, so this will be quite the feat.

I am too lazy to do day titles this week, so bare with me. Being lazy has been the story of my life lately. Not as to missionary work, but housework and such.
 
We had zone training in Tallahassee this Tuesday. It was all geared towards becoming better missionaries. Normally these give us good ways to teach and find, so I was really hit by the contrast. With so many missionaries going home early, this is exactly what we needed. They gave us a lot of commitments, but somehow I was able to keep all of them! We have spent the rest of the week doing our best to find less active members, referrals, and investigators to teach. We have been pretty successful! We have run out of things to do a lot, but we just pray and go find something! We have to stay busy to please the Lord! There is such little time that we have here to work. I can't even imagine wasting a second of it.
 
Saturday there was a festival called "Down Home Days". It occurs right downtown, outside of our apartment. We were out all day in it trying to contact people and enjoy the festivities! It was so fun. We have definitely made a good impression on some of the people out there. That's so important here with the impression people have of Mormons. All the churches are pretty much united against us. Just another sign though of the opposition Satan tries to bring to the truth. My attitude is always "Challenge Accepted!". On the bright side, I tried gator tail this week!!! It was delicious!!! Who would've thought?
 
Things are going well here in this small country town. God definitely has His hand here, preparing people for us and the members to find! I know that as we develop faith, God will be allowed to bring miracles into our lives. I am working on my faith, as I have noticed I have a lot of work to do.

Remain positive and look to your Heavenly Father in all that you do. He has, and always will be there for you when you need Him. I love you all! Have a great week and go study conference for goodness sake!

-Sister Peterson