Fall

4/25/16

April 25, 2016

Georgia?

So... We may or may not have accidentally left the mission this week. In my defense, the GPS told me to and the car doesn't let you know when you leave. (the car tells me when I speed or don't wear a seat belt though...) We were driving to a member's house for dinner way out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden, we crossed the mission boundary. Oops! All the mission people acted like it was no big deal when we told them though, so I guess we are okay...?
 
Tuesday this week was crazy. We drove all over the place from here to Tallahassee and back. We got back just in time for dinner with the branch president and his wife. We had delicious pizza at this brick oven place in town. Then we spent all night finding formers who didn't want anything to do with us. Fun :)
 
The next day we spent a lot of time with old people, as per usual.
 
Thursday was an adventure though. We weekly planned, sang at a nursing home, accidentally went to Georgia, drove on a ton of dirt roads, and magically got back to Tallahassee for our exchanges.
 
I spent all day on Friday in Tallahassee on TCC campus! That was an amazing experience. So many people my age have been incredibly prepared to receive the gospel. Their hearts are usually soft and their minds are usually open. It is awesome! I got to really rekindle my testimony of the restoration of the gospel as I saw it light up other people's minds. They couldn't believe that Christ's original church was back! They were amazed!
 
The next day we drove home and saw some people with a member. She helped us a ton in our lessons.
 
The same happened on Sunday when we went out after dinner. First, dinner was with the Robinsons... All of them. This is like four different families in the branch all at one house together! It was a party! Then we went to deliver a bible that should have been delivered two months ago when she ordered it. She already found a church. There is still lots of potential with her though! Then we had a great family history lesson with a less active who loves genealogy. He lit up over the idea that these people need him so badly for their ordinances. I shared how much it hurt me to wait to be baptized. That is how his ancestors and all of our ancestors feel. We should not delay their work any longer! I urge you all to find their names and take them to the temple! If you aren't worthy to go to the temple, get worthy! I have seen many people change and become worthy and I know you can too. The missionaries would be more than happy to help you. They love you as do I. Help your ancestors feel the way you did when you were baptized or went through the temple! It's not about us, after all.
 
I love you all! Have a great week!
-Sister Peterson
 
PS: I forgot to mention that we ate spaghetti with our hands on Wednesday. It's called a fireman's dinner...?