Fall

3/28/16

March 28, 2016

Feeling Successful

This week just felt good. Yeah, we still had tons of people cancel and plans fall through, but we taught and had lots of great backup plans. Also, Easter was yesterday. :) If you haven't done it yet, you really need to check out the video the church put out about Jesus Christ. You can find it at followhim.mormon.org. I know that as you watch this video, the Spirit will teach you things about your relationship with Jesus Christ that you didn't understand before. We can learn so much from the atonement that our Savior performed for us.

Monday: "What's a Pday?". We keep giving up hours of our pday to see people. Don't ask me why. They just need us. We saw Travis and Taylor again. I did their dishes again and we made them cake :) It was delicious. She just wants to have the baby sooo badly. 
 
Tuesday: "Progress". It was a normal day, kind of. In district meeting I learned a lot. Our zone leaders came and taught us some very important truths about staying on your mission and staying committed to the work. Our mission has seen a lot of missionaries return home early recently. We helped Ermilisa chop some branches down at her house. I used a little saw that you plug into the house to cut branches. It was awesome!  We also had a fantastic lesson on the atonement in Insitute. I learned so much and just felt the spirit so strongly. I would be nowhere without the atonement. 
 
Wednesday: "Just Go with It". Everyone canceled. We still had lessons though! Jonathan is back from Ghana and we set an appointment with him! Mutual got moved with nobody telling us... go figure.
 
Thursday: "Storms Confuse People". This was not a normal Thursday. We saw people we never see. Also, they canceled coordination without telling us. We were there and eventually asked the elders where they were. Apparently nobody felt they should tell us there was a tornado warning. We stayed at the church till our dinner appointment. We also saw the Lott family that night. They are the sweetest young family. Brother Lott actually came into the church around the same time as me. They also came to church for the first time in months this week, but with the intent of continually coming back. 
 
Friday: "Smile and Wave Boys". The day started rough, but then we had set appointments; a missionary's dream! Those went well. We then had someone cancel on us, so we tried to contact some referrals. We had this Book of Mormon referral that we called. They live in the scary part of the ghetto, and tried before but the spirit screamed at me to not go. When we called, she said just knock on the door of the sanctuary and someone will lead you in. We do this and a guy who looks homeless answers the door. When we walk in, there are beds and things everywhere. The people there were in need of a place to stay it would appear. There was just a weird spirit there. Sister Hilton was thoroughly freaked out. I just thought it was cool that they were helping people :) We then decide to get krispy kreme on our way to another referral. We never go that far south, so it's a treat. A member from another ward spots us there and buys our doughnuts!!! Sweet :)
 
Saturday: "Answers to Prayers". That morning we had a super fun Easter activity with the kids. The kids in our ward are so fun to play with. I am like a big 5 year old sometimes hahah. The rest of the day went well. We had the Women's Broadcast that night. I was reminded of the feelings I had at the time of my conversion while we were watching it. That brought me a lot of comfort. I received a lot of answers to prayers that night. I do greatly suggest that you all go into General Conference this weekend with a question or two. You will get an answer. I know it. 
 
Sunday: "Easter". Church was... weird. Oh well :) We had a great dinner with a young couple in the ward. I love them! All of our appoinments canceled, but we had backups, so it's okay :) 
 
Have a great week everyone and remember the Savior! As you do so, you will have the Spirit to be with you! That's a promise from the Lord :)
-Sister Peterson
How I park when I don't want to back
 
The pills for my strep
 
Happy Easter :)