Fall

3/14/16

March 14, 2016

Sick...Again!

Well, this week was pretty basic. To nobody's surprise, the wonderful state of Florida has made me sick again! This time is almost  as bad as when I had food poisoning, but I am still able to walk around and pretend that I am feeling fine.
 
Monday: "Burn!" It was a pleasant and normal pday. We had a car, which is nice. I bought a super cute skirt for super cheap. Yay! Dinner canceled though, which is good because as I was trying my hand at making French bread, an accident occurred. I was heating water in the microwave for the yeast, but I was too good at it! It was really hot and I grabbed the mug with my bare hands, giving myself a second degree burn. It hurt. We went to walmart a lot that night to find something to give me relief. Thank goodness for the mission nurse. I proceeded to be a baby and plan with my companion for the week.
 
Tuesday: "The Real National Pancake Day" So it was a normal Tuesday, then we went and got free pancakes with Taylor and Travis!!! It was sweet, because Taylor told us that Travis had found her texts to us about baptism and he just started crying. He has definitely been so happy since he found out. This is going to bless their relationship and future family so much. Then, I went to Milton with my bff Sister Brown :)
 
Wednesday: "Miltown!" I learned so much over there with her. That girl and I have been companions for over a week's worth of time now. But, yet, I still learn so much from her. This might be our last exchange though, as she leaves next transfer, and I very well may be transferred on April 6th.
 
Thursday: "Rain, Sick, Work". I started to feel icky this day. Not too bad though. We did service for Sister Morales and had delicious seafood gumbo. There is so much raking to be done in the state of Florida. It is ridiculous, but I love raking, so no problem! We also had delicious home made pizza for dinner. We saw Sister Robertson, and she is doing just fantastic. I am still amazed at how I was able to pick her name on a map by the spirit and see her progress so far from the first day we met her. She comes to church every week, goes to activities, and even has us over for dinner with her nonmember husband. Things are going well.
 
Friday: "A little more sick". We ended up staying in until 3. Then we went on an exchange with Joanna so I wouldn't have to teach while feeling so gross. Dinner with Sister Adams was good though. It had been a while (two months) since we had been there. She is moving though! I keep saying, "as long as I leave first, I don't care!". Then Sister Willes came for a trio exchange.
 
Saturday: "Even more sick". I thought I would be okay, that maybe the illness was just passing. Well, I was wrong. During the relief society birthday brunch, I started to not feel so good. I was just so tired. So, we tried a person that we had a lesson with afterwards and she was gone. We tried another and I eventually prayed and decided I needed to stay with a member and let them go teach. There was no way I would have made it through the day. I stayed at the Freemans, and then went to the clinic with Sister Freeman. It turns out I have strep and a sinus infection. We then went to go get medicine and she bought me some soup :) She is such a good nurse too, so she knew exactly what else to get to help me get over all the sinus problems. I stayed there all day! Then, I met up with my companion and the elders gave me a really great blessing. I know God is just trying my faith now that I am set on doing better and not letting things keep me down. I know I must rest, but I won't let my spirit rest.
 
Sunday: "Did I mention I was still sick?" I went to church, careful to not spread germs. We came home and I just crashed while Sister Hilton did whatever it is she does. She's always working. We then went to the dog park with Taylor and Travis and had a great lesson on the word of wisdom. We committed them to some steps towards quitting smoking. We had a great time at dinner at the Nichols' house that night. It was a room full of BYU alumni. You don't find that too often down here. After that, it was back to planning while I lay in bed.
 
I am still not feeling well, but it will pass. Just no one tell on me for biking to write these emails. We had no other way of getting here! I love you all! So does your Heavenly Father. One spiritual thing I have learned just this last day, is that no matter the circumstance, we should still be doing our daily prayers and scripture study. I managed even just one verse of the Book of Mormon yesterday and it made all the difference. Have a great week!
-Sister Peterson