Fall

2/8/16

February 8, 2016

I forgot to tell you we had a baptism!

​Hey everyone! This week was fantastic! We had a lot of blessings and I learned a ton!!!
 
Monday: "Does that Count As a Pday?". We were soooo busy. We spent our morning cleaning this lady's apartment - it was gross. But, I felt so much of God's love for her. Then we had a zone activity, playing volleyball. Then we emailed, at six... Then we had a lesson at seven. We got home just before nine. We were super tired...
 
Tuesday: "The Spirit of Baptism". This day just seemed to be all about baptism! We had a district meeting and talked a bit about it. While we were volunteering at the Genealogy center, I studied for institute tonight, which happened to be a lot about baptism. There was a talk I studied by Robert D. Hales in October of 2000 really hit home with me. That night we had institute and Ashley was there. That lesson was all for her.
 
Wednesday: "I got a new Trainer". We took Saige, a recentlyish returned missionary, to go contact a ton of referrals. She taught me a lot of things about missionary work that I had never learned before. I dubbed her my new trainer.
 
Thursday: "Never As You Plan". This day was nothing like we wrote down or planned for. I loved volunteering at the bishop's storehouse. I just felt so much love for the people I helped and was so happy to move stuff around and work hard. After that, we had a surprise lesson with Taylor and Travis. I love those two. Things are going much better for them now that they are trying to live the commandments.
 
Friday: "Blessed Following PMG". We were really following the guidelines in preach my gospel, and it works. Ashley had her baptismal interview. She was so ready!!! We met a lot of people that were going through some hard times. We also contacted a member referral that day and it was perfect! She is now an investigator and a pretty solid one at that.
 
Saturday: "A Soul Sister's Baptism". Ashley got baptized! It was awesome. I love her so much. Nothing beats watching someone walk out of the waters of baptism, perfectly clean. I sung with an elder "A Child's Prayer". People really want me to sing every sacrament now.. woops.
 
Sunday: "Let's Convert Ghana". This title comes from our lesson with Jonathan, who happens to be the pastor for the president in Ghana... This man wants to get baptized in our church. He is seriously considering it. Are we going to convert a whole country? And his church here in Pensacola? Us and our members think so... Also, Church was great. Another investigator is ready to quit smoking and work towards baptism. Things are hopping here! This never happens in Pensacola. Also, I learned a lot about fasting this week. I really feel that my fast has been worth it. Our second counselor said that fasting is for the blessings we could not receive otherwise. That is so true.
 
I love you all. I bear witness that Jesus is the Christ. He has indeed atoned for all of our sins. He loves each of us dearly and you can know that for yourself by taking the counsel from James 1:5. Love you all! Have a great week and share the gospel!
-Sister Peterson