Fall

2/1/16

February 1, 2016

Week or Month? You decide!

This week is insane. I keep asking Sister Hilton if she can believe that we did what we did last Monday. It feels like it was a month ago. It feels like she got here months ago. Where has the time gone? Time is so weird on the mission!!!
I didn't really write in my journal this week (for shame, I know.), so bare with me.
 
Monday: "Cleaning and New People". We cleaned the apartment. A lot. We also had dinner with a new family from one of the other wards. They are the bomb!!I love em. Plus, they both went to BYU so we all get along pretty well :). After that, we went to help a new young family move into our new area. They are super cool! Also another BYU person. I think we will get along just fine.
 
Tuesday: "Ready to Redeem" I learned a lot at district meeting. I am ready to change parts of my missionary work. It's pretty hard when you are trained by someone brand new who was trained by someone brand new. Things get lost... I also learned that I am pretty directly related to a family who joined the church in 1910 in Grundy County,Tennesee! They were super active and everything! Who knew?
 
Wednesday: "I'm Doing Better". Well, I was on exchange with Sister Willes. Her curse came with her. Everytime she goes on an exchange, nothing seems to work out that day. We spent hours trying to see people in our area. We walked a lot. We saw one person though and she was super bold with them. That was exactly what we needed! I learned a lot from her example. I also realized I am not as terrible a missionary as I thought I was.
 
Thursday: "Keep Working". We did a lot of that. I felt really good about that day. We had solid lessons with Ermilisa and Amanda. I really care for both of them. They are really progressing too!
 
Friday: "We Tried". Well, we drove a lot that day. I got pulled over by a cop on the freeway because apparently I was going too slow in the left lane. That scared me so much! Thankfully, I was still on time to my doctor's appointment. That afternoon, we drove around trying to see people and it just did not work out. We had a great dinner appointment though!
 
Saturday: "A Friday Redemption!" We were busy! We had lessons non stop. They were all pretty successful too. I am so grateful for days like this. They keep us going when we start to lose hope.
 
Sunday: "Non Stop". Truly a non stop day. We had members take us all over the area! What's great, is they really love the people we teach now and want to keep coming. My dream for this area is greater member involvement and it is finally happening!!! I also had coconut curry shrimp, which is probably one of my favorite foods. Good day.
 
That's the week. I want you all to know that I know that our Savior Jesus Christ does live and that He loves each of us dearly. My challenge to you this week is to pray for and look for opportunities to feel that love He has for others. It is amazing how deep and abiding His love is. Have a great week!
-Sister Peterson
Sister Hilton trying to cool cookies fast enought to take them to an appointment.