Fall

2/15/16

February 15, 2016

Encounters with Vampires

Sorry, this email will probably be short. I had no time to write anything down this week!
 
So, nobody freak out, but I was in the ER twice this week. I have been having some pretty bad abdominal pain and no one can figure out what is wrong with me. I officially cannot stand the ER. It is not my favorite place, not even close. This email title comes from the fact that I have also come to the conclusion that nurses are vampires. I am definitely their favorite victim, because I have 'beautiful' veins. I also made the lady who was driving me around on the hospital bed laugh, because when I am tired and sick, I get pretty sarcastic.
 
Well, in between hospital visits, I drove almost to Tallahassee, which is about 3.5 hours away. No big deal. So, we didn't get much done this week. Miraculously, we hit one of our lesson goals. Also, this ward has taken such great care of me. Our bishop and his family remind me a lot of my own, and they claim me as one of their own haha. I stayed there a lot this weekend while Sister Hilton went on splits with their 18 year old daughter.
 
Church was really hard for me yesterday. I could hardly move around, I felt so weak. I received a powerful blessing from the elders. That really helped. Thankfully, all of our people are doing really well. Travis and Taylor are getting married on the 27th!!! I can't wait! Plus it means we get to go to Pensacola Beach... :) White Sand!
 
Through all of this, I have been reminded of a lesson I learned a couple years ago when I joined the church. These trials are all for our good. Every time we get hit so hard that we don't think we will make it through, God is preparing us to help someone else. He knows that is my greatest desire in life. All I have ever wanted to do is to help others. Through His great atonement, we can overcome all these trials, be made whole, and go and help others to do the same. I pray that you may all feel the atonement work through you life as you employ the gospel of Jesus Christ in your daily actions.
 
I love you all! Enjoy these super great pictures from the hardest week of my mission so far. I am still smiling :)
-Sister Peterson
 
The first is of me and the random noodle they leave in my arm at the ER

The second is me with some polar bears on our very very very slow walk home yesterday.
I was one with the polar bears.