Fall

2/22/16

February 22, 2016

Tornado!

This week's story could really be told through pictures, but I will still write some stuff.
I didn't really title any of my days either, so bare with me :)
 
Monday: We did stuff during the day. My stomach still was hurting a bit. We went to dinner with our recent convert, Ashley. After that, she took us to our next lesson. On the way we get a phone call, and Sister Hilton answers it. I looked at her while she was listening to the other end. Her eyes bulged out, which I had never seen. We were told to return home immediately because a tornado had touched down in our stake. We did and just tried to do some organizational stuff. We had no idea till the next morning that a tornado touched down a mile away from our house. I am so thankful that we were okay. We also were called to go and help in Century and Flomaton where there was a lot more damage.
 
Tuesday: I begged God to heal me so that I could go help people. I love doing hard labor and being outside. He did heal me. We crammed our whole district into our senior couple's suburban and drove up to help. It was amazing. We helped total strangers, even non members. I hope I never end up in a tornado!
 
Wednesday: Sister Hilton made me rest from being sick for a whole week. I don't like to do it, but it helped a lot. She's the bomb :)
 
Thursday: We volunteered at the bishop's storehouse again. I am loving working with our new members as well as helping our people. A lot of our less actives and other members need help from the bishop's store house. They are so humble and sweet. They are actually the ones who try to feed us the most. It is amazing how you can want to give so much when you have so much less than those around you. Amanda is one of those that I am very close to. Ironically, we have the same name :). She just keeps trying to give when she has almost nothing. She took us home with her and we had a lesson afterwards. Her baby son started crying when she dropped us off at home! I love those kids!
 
Friday: We worked! This is like the first day this week I feel like we actually went out and had lessons all day. It felt good. We picked up a new investigator! I feel so much of God's love for her. Though she doesn't see herself converting, I know that she can feel the power of the spirit and that it will work through her. She has the desire to learn and change and that's all she needs.
 
Saturday: We went up to Century to help with tornado relief all day. We had Ashley take us. It was awesome being up there. We helped completely random people that day. We even got done earlier than we thought we would. I also had a chance to sit down and have a real heart to heart with Ashley. Satan loves to work on recent converts. She is going through a hard time, but I know she is strong enough to handle it.
 
Sunday: Church was awesome. I really learned a lot. We also had a lot of changes in the ward leadership. I can't wait for ward council next week! It will be so much more effective! After all that, we had a powerful lesson with Jonathan. I have never born my testimony with that much passion in my life. He is going back to Ghana for two weeks, but he said that he will come back with a decision on baptism. He knows the church is true, but he wants to know that this is what God wants him to do. I just know he can receive the right answer through prayer. He is so in tune with the spirit.
 
That's this week. I am doing a lot better than I was. My goal is to become worthy of being an example to others. I have a lot of work to do, but I want to become a better missionary and disciple of Jesus Christ. Line upon line, precept upon precept, this will become possible. Love you all! Have a great week!
-Sister Peterson

 
 
 
PS: I saved a cat in a tree yesterday. It was awesome. I like climbing trees. See? I did it!

Saving the cat