Fall

12/28/15

December 28, 2015

Was it a Month or a Week?

This was probably one of the longest weeks of my life. It went by fast, but it feels like I was in front of this computer a month ago. I hope you all had a great Christmas. I know mine was probably one of the best ones I have ever had.

Monday: "Your Average Pday". This was a super chill pday. We helped a less active move in, and we hung out at the church as any missionary does on a Monday. I was caught napping on the floor of our primary room by one of our members though...Oh well :)
 
Tuesday: "A Day for Me". This whole day was aimed at helping me, I felt. We had a fun district meeting that really helped me with some of my struggles. We also had a super awesome institute class! Everyone should go look up Elder Renlund's talk from the last conference. I got to meet the guy in person and talk to him at BYU and he is just so amazing. I knew he would be a great apostle if he ever was to be called!
 
Wednesday: "Patience and Accessing the Atonement". I know I am usually pretty straight forward with you all and I tell you what is going on. I think the title just about says all that needs to be said about this day though.
 
Thursday: "People Do Care". Christmas eve was great!!! I loved it. We had a pretty easy going day. For dinner, we went to a member's house and made cookies with her four year old. Her daughter is the cutest! I will have to send a picture of her and I! That night, I spent an hour on the phone talking to different mission leaders. It is really nice to just know that people do care and are looking out over specifically me, Sister Peterson. They do it whether I feel I deserve it or not.
 
Friday: "How Have I Been so Blessed?". What an amazing Christmas. So many people felt that they should help me out this Christmas. I could not be grateful enough. Our mission president called us that morning too. He's the best :) We had a great and sort of random day. I wouldn't give it up for anything though. Pensacola is the bomb!
 
Saturday: "Just Keep Trying". What a hard day. We had almost no motivation to work, but we just kept trying out there. I had a really hard evening. I feel bad for my poor companion. She really sticks through it all with me. It will be sad when we part ways!
 
Sunday: "It is Wonderful". I stole that from some people at church. I gave a talk on journaling and apparently it was good! I love church. We saw lots of people on Sunday which made up for the rough week we had. We met this new lady too! She is so funny! Hopefully we will be seeing her again this week!
 
Just a warning, I have a high likelihood of being transferred this upcoming week. That means I would move on January 6th. I love Pensacola, but I think my time is coming to an end here due to some situations that have arisen. I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support! It truly means the world to me. Have a great end to your holidays!
love you all!
-Sister Peterson




Some other pictures from Christmas! We took Christmas dinner to the nurses in the ER at Baptist Hospital :)