Fall

12/21/15

December 21, 2015

Christmas is Upon Us

I cannot believe Christmas is this week. Or that I have been a missionary for four months. Where has the time gone??? I also can't believe that I am tired of fried chicken. I love that stuff, but I have had way too much this week. I am dreading possibly having more for lunch today.
 
Monday: "Waka Waka!". We had dinner with a fun member of our ward. She taught us a fun game while driving us. During Christmas when there are lights everywhere, we are supposed to shout waka waka whenever we see a decorated house. Who ever has the most houses or the biggest set up wins. I made them die from laughing with how competitive I got with this. You can bet I will be playing this game for years to come.
 
Tuesday: "The Spirit of Conversion". I got to have a great conversation with some really old members about their conversion into the church. She forgot that she already told me, but I just love their story. I also started sharing mine before she got sidetracked. It's nice for me to share that every once in a while. It reminds me why in the world I am here.
 
Wednesday: "Mission Christmas" . We had our half mission Christmas conference! I had so much fun. I really was able to let go and just enjoy myself for a small moment. I also did a musical number "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" with an elder from my district. The spirit was powerful while we were performing. I am so grateful for that talent and the ability I have to testify through music.
 
Thursday: "It will All Work Out". This was a really hard day for me personally. I pretty much let my companion do most of the talking. One of our less actives even noticed I was quiet. (We all know that is pretty rare). The events of the day were great though. We got a lot done. I also received a powerful blessing that night. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I know without a doubt that those words were from my Heavenly Father for me at this time. And boy did I need them.
 
Friday: "Preparations". This day was full of them! We were making plans and setting up appointments all day. Every where we went, we didn't really get a lesson, but we did get a return appointment. We also went shopping with a member for the decorations for our Christmas party. It was an easier day than the day before.
 
Saturday: "When Can I Relax?". We were on the go go go! We had a great lesson with our friends Jonathan and Blessing. I can't wait for the day that they are ready to be baptized. We then went to the church to set up for the Christmas party. That was all super stressful for me. I just wanted to sit down and cry. We made it through though and tons of people showed up! I have never seen that many members in one room before in Pensacola!
 
Sunday: "Working it Out". Things are working out for me. I have been going through a lot personally, and this day I really got a lot of help for those issues. The sabbath truly is a very special day.
 
I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas this year. I am so grateful to have two of them that are so centered on Jesus Christ. I wear His name on a badge for goodness sake. He is the reason for the season and a great one at that. He truly does work through all of those around us. I am grateful for Him every day of my life. Without Him, I surely would not be here.
-Sister Peterson