Fall

2/7/17

February 6, 2017

Hey everyone who still reads these emails! This week was a wild one!

First off, on Monday, we went to the beach! It was so fun. Our whole district, plus the STL's went. Then that night, we had two sets of sisters stay the night in preparation for the Zone Conference the next day. 
Boy was this a good, last Zone Conference! We watched the worldwide missionary broadcast and discussed it with our zone and mission president. I learned sooo much from this broadcast. I wish I had been able to see this over a year ago! One of the biggest things I gained from it, is knowing that there is no such thing as a gospel checklist. There is no way that we can compare how to get from point a to point b. There are certain and essential steps, but the in between is immeasurable. Another thing to remember is that whatever my best is, God will magnify it. My favorite parts of the broadcast were when the camera would center in on Elder Dallin H Oaks, and he would speak directly to the missionaries watching. I could feel the intensity of his message as I looked in his eyes and he reminded us of our responsibility to bear witness of Christ. His name should always be on our lips. (That goes for any baptized member of the church). 

This week was full of little miracles here and there though. Tuesday night, I felt impressed to try the Bosby's, who we hadn't had contact with in a while. We had that great restoration lesson, and then nothing for months. Well, while at the door, Dewayne drives up and says we can come back tomorrow! I thought they wanted nothing to do with us now! Though they weren't home when he said, I know they are worth still working on.

Thursday night we had an amazing lesson with the Brooks family. Jeff is leaving on deployment for a year this week, and we wanted to touch base with them. The lesson ended up on the topic of the temple and they were feeling incredibly repentant. I felt kind of bad at first, and then remembered this is my job. I did my best to lovingly help them realize that these are attainable goals and that we will be there to help them get back into activity on their way to the temple. 

In other news, as typical of a life in service of Christ, an 80 year old man told us about how badly he wants a wife and his dating life. That was a first for me. I also got really sick this week. It was gross. My companion wouldn't let me go see people or anything. If you know me, that was torture on its own. I tried to get as much as I could from church yesterday, but all I wanted was a nap and a bowl of soup. 

That was my week though! I love my mission so much yall. I don't want to ever stop serving and bearing the name of Christ on my chest. It is wonderful and I would never trade this experience for anything in the world. I hope all is well on your end! 

-Sister PetersonDistrict Picture

Fairhope flowers (they change these every 2 weeks...)

Gulf Shores with my bestie :)

Fairhope Pier at Sunset