Fall

2/27/17

February 27, 2017

This week was just super random. But, that happens a lot as a missionary, so it really doesn't come as any surprise anymore.

On Monday we went to Gulf Shores to play sports with our district! It was President's day, but that's not really a holiday down here. We weren't expecting anything weird, but this drunk couple came and started talking to me, and then got mad at us for some reason. We just went back to playing sports...It was a fun time though! 

Tuesday night I went through security at a fancy assisted living community to eat dinner with the coolest sister! Patylynn is a convert of about 17  years. She was raised in an atheist home and lived most of her life like that, but then had this super cool conversion experience. She then met the love of her life (after her husband leaving her because she was Mormon). He died several years ago. Now she does all she can to be an amazing member missionary. I hope to grow up and be like her one day!

On Wednesday we were able to see several people. We contacted a referral in Loxley! His name is Rodney and he has been trying to get back into church. He really wants to change his life! So, he requested a Bible because he didn't have one. We introduced him to the Book of Mormon and are going to start teaching him this week! Just a little miracle for ya.

We then met some really cool people on the pier on Thursday. It had been a while since we had been there. We really just gave tons of service all day on Thursday. Sadly, most of our set appointments fell through this week, so we replaced that time with more service. We have found some great potentials through our service though! I have never seen that on my mission, so I am really excited. 
Then the Mardi Gras madness ensued once again.

Friday night we went to the parade in Fairhope and tried to meet new people. We met this sweet couple who are snowbirds from Michigan and had been in contact with the church before through family history. We also met an excommunicated member that night. Our favorite part was when this band kid marched past, and yelled to the elders; "Are you from 'The Book of Mormon'?", as in the musical. Never gotten that one before!

Saturday was just weird. That's all I got. We taught people and had great lessons, but it was weird. We went to another Mardi Gras parade and made more friends with non-members. 

On Sunday, we, the missionaries, sang in sacrament meeting. We sang the EFY medley and it was awesome! People were crying and the spirit was there. I prayed so hard that morning for the spirit to speak through our music. Prayer always works. 

Not much else noteworthy happened. This is a really odd time for me. Much is changing in missionary work, and I am getting ready to transition into regular adult life. Many emotions are flying, but my main goal is to just work as hard as I can this week. I will talk to you all one more time as a missionary next week.
Go out there and be the best member missionaries for me, will ya? :)
Love, 
-Sister Peterson
Mardi Gras 
Mr. T? 
Making faces 
Debby :) 
I taught a Pelican!  
Mardi Gras with friends :) 


Silverhill Park 
Linda and King Cake 
sooooo many beads 
My ministerial cert ends tomorrow... Am I not a real missionary then? 
All the sisters who stayed together for the mission conference. Couldn't send a normal one ;) 
My ride buddies for the Tally trip