Fall

12/26/16

December 19, 2016

Hello Everyone!
This week has been wonderful for the most part. Sister Richins and I have just had a lot of fun as we attempt to go and serve the Lord.

Monday I got to witness Sister Richins first taste of sushi! It was a great meal! 
Man, the whole week flew by. I don't have my planner in front of me, otherwise I would give you a play by play. A highlight this week was teaching the Brooks family. We had met Bro. Brooks the week prior, but this week we were able to teach the whole family. They remind me a lot of my family back home. I am super excited to see them progress and hopefully help their children reach the waters of baptism.
 
Jhemerial met us at the library this week and we taught her, through the example of Christ, why we do proxy baptisms and why family history is so important. She is just so solid. Every time we meet with her, she has kept her commitment, and she always has fantastic insights. Her home life is making it difficult to get her to church though. I hope that we can get her to church soon!

I have been preparing this week for a training that our mission president asked my companion and I to do at our half mission conference this week. I am pretty nervous and a little confused as to why he asked us, but we hope to make it powerful. The topic is baptismal programs and what he wants to see us do to make them better finding opportunities. I also get to do a musical number at the conference! How exciting this week will be!
 
And for a funny story this week, I will attach a picture of us and our bishop this week at the ward Christmas party. He found the funniest suit! After the party, we took the leftovers as a ward to those who are less active. He gave us a special task. We were to go to a wine bar in Daphne and meet a member outside to deliver hers. She works there it turns out. I don't know how many missionaries can say that their bishop sent them to a wine bar... It was for a good cause and we have a new less active to work with now!
 
I hope you are all getting ready for Christmas right now. Everyone is out of school, on break. Please take this time to focus on and study about the Savior. He is the reason for the season. I am so grateful that as a missionary, I haven't had the time to think about what I am getting for Christmas or what I am eating that day. I just want others to be a part of our congregation that wonderful morning as we praise and remember Him.
Go and Light the World my friends!
 
-Sister Peterson
Bishop and the Party




Our tree