Fall

12/12/16

December 12, 2016

What a week. Sadly, I was sick most of the week, so not too much exciting happened. We had great lessons when we taught.
 
Wednesday, I was able to get out that night and we went to the pier, trying to meet new people! I told this one guy that I was called by a prophet of God, and he thought it was just so cool that we have prophets today just like they did in the Bible. That was something I also thought was just amazing when I learned about the church. Seeing those moments in the lives of others is exactly why I came out on a mission. 
 
Thursday I felt a little better, so we got out and taught people. Turns out our less active, Sister Giles, was in the hospital and needed some Diet Dr. Pepper. It's her favorite, as well as mine, so I understood the need. We bought some and came and visited her. She is definitely one of our favorite people to teach. I feel like we learn more from her than she ever does from us. Our goal with her is to always help her have the faith and strength to endure to the end. She is a valiant servant of God, here to be a light to others. 
 
The next day we had a family history workshop in our library, and we met a new person! She wants to meet with us for more help. It has been so cool to see how the Spirit of Elijah softens people's hearts towards the gospel. I can't wait to see what happens with her. 
 
Saturday was a great day though. I was finally feeling better. We had a great coordination meeting with our ward mission leader. He is so helpful! He taught at the MTC for three years, so he really knows his stuff. After lunch at Olive Garden (what a tender mercy that was), we went to the elders' baptism for Vince Asberry. It was wonderful. This ward has had baptisms in the last week. It has been just amazing! After all that, we went and tried some families in our area. We met this super awesome less active family that told us they were low hanging fruit!!! I am so excited to teach them. All they need is a little push, and they will be great active members. We also met a former investigator that would love to have us back!
That night, we went to a couple people's homes. We rang Debbie's doorbell twice and she didn't answer. As we were walking away, she looked out the window. I waved and she came out and invited us in!!! We proceeded to have a super powerful lesson about the restoration. She accepted the invite to be baptized when she knows it is true. I LOVE THE RESTORATION!!! 
 
Yesterday, church was really good. I received so much revelation because the spirit was so powerful. Some of it was hard to receive, because God definitely wants me to do some hard things in this life. The peace that comes with knowing His will and receiving direction is so wonderful though. I can't bear even the thought of not doing what He needs me to.
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful week preparing for Christmas. Don't forget to spread the wonderful light of the Savior. I invite you all to study Matthew 5:14-16 and see what you can learn about His light. 
-Sister Peterson
PS: My address for those who have been asking is:
320 Volanta Ave. B-4 
Fairhope, AL 36532
Ginger Bread houses at the party

Sister Richins and Delaney at Froyo :)
Alligator in front of the hospital we carolled at!
We taught a family history class!
Daphne Christmas Parade



Got stuck behind a Cotton Gin. #AlabamaProbs 
Mobile Bay in Fairhope :)