Fall

9/19/16

September 19, 2016

A Week that Cannot Be Titled

I don't even know where to begin on this week. It was definitely the hardest week of my mission so far. It was also pretty weird...

Well, Tuesday I got to road trip across the mission for an appointment for my companion. That was nice! I missed driving through the trees and seeing all the scenery! When we got back that night, we had to suddenly miss our mission coordination meeting, because the Destin Elders needed our help at a Family History class. I was pretty grateful because I got to drive across the beautiful bridge and I got to do family history! It is so fun helping people find their family! We got a new investigator from this activity actually and we were able to connect her family to a ton of people on Thursday
 
Wednesday was pretty ho hum. We had fun playing basketball with some non-members after our FH class though! We definitely earned some respect from them through my comp's sweet skills! Friday is where things got a little crazy.
 
We had a lesson with Sue, our recent convert that morning and then went to lunch with her and her non-member husband. He's pretty funny. She mentioned this women's talk that she was going to in Destin and invited us to come though! We actually got permission!!! So, we spent almost the whole day with her! We didn't realize that there would be basically this religous concert beforehand though. It was done by this church's worship team, but to us it felt like a rock concert. At that moment, I realized how awkward I have truly become as a missionary. The talk after all the weird other stuff was actually really good though!!! I needed a lot of what this woman said. I imagine my companion did as well. 
 
Sadly, that night things got really heated in our apartment though. This transfer has just been really hard due to a ton of things going on for both of us. It ended up that on Saturday morning, President Smith told us that we were both leaving the area. I got taken to Fort Walton for the remainder of the transfer. Yesterday we got calls and I will now be serving in Fairhope, AL. I hold no bitter thoughts towards anything that has happened this last month. I know that it was all with purpose and my companion is really getting the help she needs. I am so grateful that I could serve her during that time. I learned so much in that period. Now I am going to be with a missionary who just got done being trained. Hopefully I don't untrain her!!! I am pretty excited to go to this area. I was actually there for a night this time last year to take a sister to the airport. Things are looking up yall!
 
I just want to testify that the atonement is real. A few months ago, my studies were focused on consecration and what it really was. This transfer, I feel like I actually gave all that I had. That is the purpose of consecration. We give all that we have to the Lord; hold nothing back. I did and He strengthened me. The outcome was not what I hoped for or expected, but I know it was His will and not my own. Trust in your Savior. Give Him all that you are and have to offer. He will bless you more than you will ever know. 
-Sister Peterson