Fall

9/12/16

September 12, 2016

Change is Our Purpose

I feel like this week was really devoted to my learning. I have studied and prayed a lot this week due to unusual circumstances. We also had a very long zone conference. The zone conference helped me come up with a lot of ways to help further the work here in Niceville. I have noticed that each area I start in has a small teaching pool and fairly low numbers, but right before I leave, it has been built up to something much greater. I hope that I can keep that standard as we are counseled in Preach My Gospel to "leave an area better than" I found it.

I learned something very special about the atonement this week that I wanted to share with you all. I have been needing to help my companion with trials in her life, but I have felt so incapable of doing so, due to the struggles that I face. In one of my many prayers this week, I told Heavenly Father how badly I needed the strength of His Son, and how unworthy I was of His help. It was amazing how He helped me to help her. I didn't recognize it until I started counseling my companion. I just had so much peace and clarity. God does answer prayers my friends. He answers all of them. It is in His time and according to His will, but He does it!!!
 
In other news, we now have two baptismal dates set. We have high hopes for this area! I am just so excited to work with the members and build up the kingdom here. For those of you from the Washington Everett Mission, I am actually trying to work with our ward now to start our own "Come See For Yourself" event. The ward council loved the idea when we brought it up on Sunday, so the ball is already rolling!! I am so excited. This has been a dream of mine for my whole mission. Now it's becoming a reality. I will keep yall posted! 
 
Please enjoy these pictures. They are more fun than anything I could write. I love yall!!!!
-Sister Peterson
Sushi!!!!
Sis. E's Bday cake #1
Mormon Approved 21st Bday
Cake #2
More Mormon Approved 21st Bday. Members Idea, not mine!!!
Cake #3 (There was a fourth and a fifth, I just don't have a pic)
A view of Destin 20 stories up
What we do during Family History...