Fall

1/18/16

January 18, 2016

Tis another Week in the FTM

Good tidings I bring you all from the Pensacola area of the Florida Tallahassee Mission in the year of 2016. This week has been quite the indescribable so I will just tell you what happened.
 
Monday: "My kind of Pday" Pdays with Sister Hilton are kind of whatever I want them to be. I love it!
 
Tuesday: "Deep Doctrine..". So we took an investigator to institute...Then we talked about the pre earth life and the council in heaven. Deep doctrine. I think she handled it well though. She was fasting too, maybe not for that, but hey, the spirit will be there anyways!
 
Wednesday: "We Don't Want You to Leave". After learning some troubling information from our bishop about an investigator, he let me know that he really doesn't want me to be transferred any time soon. That brought me a lot of comfort. Apparently I am doing something right here!
 
Thursday: "Pine Forest?!". We spent a lot of time in what used to be Pine Forest Area. We also met Ashley for the first time. She is awesome!!! She is getting baptized on February 6th and she just reminds me so much of myself. I am so excited to work with her and help her to prepare for baptism.
 
Friday: "Giving Back...Finally". More about Ashley. After the most random day of missionary work in my life, we get a call from Ashley at about 10 pm. She invited people to her baptism and got super negative responses. Many of you may know just from that, that I was able to relate pretty well. It felt so good to give back what the missionaries helped me with. That is exactly what brought me on my mission.
 
Saturday: "Learning to Trust the Spirit". Everything fell apart this day. Nobody was answering, and we were using tons of miles on the car. I followed a few promptings which brought us to Ermilisa's house. I had been worrying about her and we hadn't seen her in a while. She is doing better than we thought and we set a return appointment with her. God truly blessed us as we followed all of those weird promptings.
 
Sunday: "Just Go With It". What an awesome and odd day. We had a giant area conference with Elder Rasband, Hales, and Whitney Clayton talking to us, along with Sister Reeves. A shout out to my other South Eastern States friends! It was great. We had a good turn out too, because of the boundary change. Then, we had a little social after. One of our members had a seizure. That was different. I had never seen one before, but I knew he had epilepsy and that it happens all the time for him. He is so chill about it too! Then, we later took a member who speaks Spanish to these people we want to teach. They just went off while we just stood there. Just go with it.
 
Overall, a good week. This week is going to be epic with all that is planned! Stay tuned for another update on Sister Peterson's life in the FTM!
I love all of you a ton!
-Sister Peterson
PS, enjoy these super cool and funny pictures :)