Fall

1/11/16

January 11, 2016

Transfers! New Companion!

This week was INSANE!!! So much happened! To start, I have a new companion. Her name is Sister Hilton. She is from Idaho Falls, and we went to BYU together. I totally saw her all the time. Who knew we would be companions on our missions? Our ward now has 3 out of 4 BYU kids. No one stands a chance now ;)
 
Monday: "A Grand Pday". This pday was legit! We went to Olive Garden for our last meal together, courtesy of one of our investigators. We also had a zone activity where we played dodgeball. I love running around and hanging out with all the other missionaries.
 
Tuesday: "Goodbyes". We were BUSY. Sister Wood had to say good bye to every one, and we had no car, so we were hoofing it everywhere! It was good though. At institute, I learned some valuable lessons on how to retain the spirit. Whenever we feel we are losing it, we must remember the promise in the sacrament prayers. As we remember Him, we will have His spirit to be with us. Applying that has brought great blessings into my life.
 
Wednesday: "Transfers". I said goodbye to Sister Wood. That was super hard. I actually cried! I never do that. It is scary carrying the area, but Sister Hilton is the bomb and super chill. We got work done that day even! Then we had a great mutual fireside where she got to meet some really great members and the youth.
 
Thursday: "New People". I got to drive and roadtrip to the doctor. That was awesome. It's kind of fun going to the doctor and having him be the Stake President in that town. Poor Sister Hilton; 24 hours after she left her area, we were back in it for the doctor! I don't get this title anymore, but it is going to stay.
 
Friday: "Figuring it Out". This is when I really felt the weight on me. We changed plans a lot, but it all worked out in the end. God does bless us with revelation as we humble ourselves and take time to do what He has already asked us to do.
 
Saturday: "Blessings from Above". We had Stake Conference. We have a bigger ward now. We gained a new investigator from the elders with a baptismal date. We have twice the amount of active members. It is literally Christmas for the Pensacola Ward's missionaries!!!
 
Sunday: "Good Sabbath". I think that title is always really similar. I loved Stake Conference. The talks were great, I introduced Sister Hilton to a bunch of people that she probably has already forgotten, and I was spiritually fed. We also had a great lunch and lesson with an investigator afterwards. We had tons of lessons and were really productive. What a great week!
 
I love you all and hope you are staying warm this winter. Cozy up to the Savior as President Smith would say. He will be there for you in all your trials and will bear you up. He has definitely been there for me in every difficult situation that I have turned to Him during. Have a great week in 2016!!!!
-Sister Peterson