Fall

1/16/17

January 16, 2017

This week was pretty average. But there was some good stuff :)

Monday we had a zone pday, hence why I didn't write as much. I had my interview with President Smith that day as well. I always love seeing him and Sister Smith. I really have grown close to them since they have been here. That night, though, we started our exchanges with the STL's in our area. We went to a less active family for dinner. We just started working with the Franks too, and they are awesome! I had king cake for the first time and it was fun. My comp got the baby. (If you don't know what king cake is, it is a classic southern mardi gras thing). 

Tuesday, Sister Masiasomua (Pronounced Mas-ee-as-ih-moo-a), and I went to work. There was lots of finding involved. I met someone who was atheist though, which NEVER happens in the South. It reminded me of what I was like before I was a member of the church. Boy am I so glad that I have the gospel. You can feel the difference in the spirit. 

Wednesday was awesome. We found service opportunities, then we went to a chinese buffet with some awesome members and the elders. It was actually a good buffet, which never happens down here!!! Then I felt impressed to try to find our investigator at the library. She hadn't responded to our texts or calls, so why not peruse her stomping grounds? She was there, we found out that her phone was off, and then proceeded to have a super sweet lesson! The rest of the day was also pretty great. 

On Thursday we met with the elders and worked on the ward mission plan. I just am so converted to member missionary work. Our efforts mean almost nothing without member help/involvement. We felt really good about the plan and then presented it to our ward mission leader on Saturday. The rest of Thursday was service for various people. We dried in someone's shed. I love doing handy work like that!! 

Friday was a well planned and productive day. We did lots of service again, per our mission president's/the Lord's request. We also had a great lesson with Jhe'merial where we learned more about her concerns. She is such a solid investigator though. She reminds me so much of myself as an investigator. 

Saturday was a classic Loxley day. We love our little town of Loxley. We also met with the Brooks for a while. It has been great learning about them. The dad goes on active duty for a year in a couple weeks and he's going to Bahrain. It's nice, because I relate from my experiences. 

Yesterday we were at church from eight to six thirty. We had meetings, and since we live twenty minutes away, we chose to do our studies at the church. We got to attend the stake training for the new self reliance program though!!! This program is amazing. I am so grateful for it. I want to attend it when I get home! We are really excited to roll this out in the Daphne ward. That night we went to Doug and Linda's for dinner. It was great. We love them so much :)

That's about it for the week. I will share a thought though. During church yesterday, the phrase "anxiously engaged in a good cause" was mentioned. I have pondered this a lot on my mission, and it just hit me during that talk. Lately, I have been struggling to know that I have done well on my mission. But, to be anxiously engaged is to be so invested in the work that your whole soul is absorbed in it. That's the only way I can describe it. It is a feeling that really cannot be described. I have realized that I have been anxiously engaged my entire mission though, and therefore am a successful missionary. This may also be very applicable to everyday life, and I encourage you to ask God if your life is in accordance with His will. I know you will be blessed by having that interview with Him. I have been. 

-Sister Peterson

These are all from Sister Richins' birthday. Sorry, I didn't get her SD yesterday.



 Elders all piled up on the couch at Doug and Linda's
 Classic, Southern spelling error :) "Untill" 
 Pier pictures :)
Elder Johnson in the window
 Where everyone now thinks I am from...Arlington, WA really doesn't exist...
 My plan is on my portal now... ewww
 #Mormon Surveys hahaha
 Straight hair :)